1/48 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II by Eduard & Special Hobby - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II by Eduard & Special Hobby - 3D renders+box art+schemes - release July 2021

Box art & schemes - ref. SH48214 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II

Source: https://www.specialhobby.net/2021/02/sh48214-tempest-mkii-last-raf-radial.html

:yahoo: :clap2:

The box cover for upcoming 1/48 Tempest Mk.II Hi-Tech kit. The kit will contain resin half part of engine and wheels. Plastic parts are prepared together with Eduard.

SH48214-01.jpg

SH48214-02.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Now we are all going to have to um and ar about which boxing to get! I would hope they don't sell out so I may wait until both are released to make my mind up.

Thats if I can be patient enough!

Ash

• 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II by Eduard & Special Hobby - 3D renders+box art+schemes+decals - release July 2021

Having just finished an Eduard Mk. V, I'm puzzled by the generous number of unused small parts, for example E70, which are not highlighted as unused, but which don't appear in any construction steps I can find for either series 1 or series 2. I'm wondering if these and other parts are Mk. II specific.

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II by Eduard & Special Hobby - 3D renders+box art+schemes+decals+sprues+resin parts - release July 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II by Eduard & Special Hobby - SH boxing released

Ordered !!!!  :yahoo:

Released - ref. SH48214 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II

Source: https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/tempest-mk-ii-hi-tech.html

Instructions: https://www.specialhobby.eu/out/ftp/media/SH48214.pdf

SH48214+Tempest+Mk.II.jpg

First in box review: https://www.kfs-miniatures.com/1-48-tempest-mk-ii-special-hobby

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

On 03/02/2020 at 19:55, Work In Progress said:

They could, but I would not hold your breath as they have plenty of other priorities ahead of it where they won't be head-to-head with a good modern kit from a biggish player, as they will with the Sea Fury.

If they do go for it. it is unlikely to happen in the next couple of years as they seem likely to first produce more urgently-needed things in 1/48, including Wildcats (where the Tamiya  F4F-4 is okay but all the other versions are either obsolete or very wrong), and the P-36 family (which has not been done to modern standards in 1/48 - the last being the 1992 family from Hobbycraft which then went into Academy boxes but is no more up-to-date than the Hobbycraft Sea Fury or Hurricane or 109 family).

I thought the Tamiya F4F-F is too rounded an barrel-like in the fuselage, whereas the Hobbyboss F4F-3 is OK in that respect?

5 hours ago, Homebee said:

Ordered !!!!  :yahoo:

Released - ref. SH48214 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II

Oh damn. 

There goes my self-inflicted moratorium.

Oh well, it's not like we're going abroad for hols anytime soon....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Is this a new tool?? Sorry if I am late to the party. 

Yes it's new tooling. It's the Mk.II version of the Eduard Tempest Mk.V released a couple of years ago.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am just putting parts together. I strongly recommend to buy the LEPT photo etch fret for the Tempest V Weekend/Overtree kits (Eduard) as the SH offering omits some cockpit detail. The only PE parts are the straps. With € 40 (+) the SH boxing is (a bit) overprized. Perhaps waiting for an Eduard ProfiPACK will make sense.

Q:

I want to make MW 767 as BAFO a/c. This aircraft is documented in a photo behind a Me 262 B NF at Schleswig/Jagel . MW 767 has no lettering on the fuselage but the white ident-stripes on the tailplane. Is there any further information?

Regards

Andreas Beck

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have one on backorder from Hannants yet no sign of it so far. Yet the Aviation Megastore in Amsterdam has them. So why the delay in the UK??

John

21 minutes ago, jaw said:

I have one on backorder from Hannants yet no sign of it so far. Yet the Aviation Megastore in Amsterdam has them. So why the delay in the UK??

John

There is a lot of delays these days, getting parcels through customs and such, mainly due to the BREXIT DEAL. I am also waiting patiently (impatiently) for one or two but they will be here soon I am sure of that.

44 minutes ago, jaw said:

John

Forget the distributors or retailers, go to the Source, the Special Hobby online shop: https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/tempest-mk-ii-hi-tech.html

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Hannants told me two weeks ago that it was expected in 1/2 weeks.. But still no sign of it after 2 weeks - so where is it? Stuck on a container ship awaiting entrance to Felixstowe awaiting Customs clearance?? It might be quicker to order one direct from the Aviation Megastore!

John

16 hours ago, jaw said:

Stuck on a container ship awaiting entrance to Felixstowe awaiting Customs clearance?

Most likely.

Works the other way round too. I've had my next to last Hannants order sit for 2 weeks waiting for customs. 

On 5/25/2021 at 10:42 PM, ABeck said:

With € 40 (+) the SH boxing is (a bit) overprized. Perhaps waiting for an Eduard ProfiPACK will make sense.

Personally I am happy to wait for the Eduard Weekend edition.

• Like 1

Even if I wanted to get one from the Aviation Megastore I see that they are out of stock. But there is one on ebay at £40 plus postage from Italy.

John

• Like 1