1/48 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I to Mk.V by Eduard - Mk.I/Ia/IIa/IIb/Vb/Vc released

Homebee

On 17/06/2020 at 22:41, Wuger91 said:

Wingleader as print a great book for the spitfire Mk I

deleted repeated image

The second and last pictures from the reel at the bottom are what my existing Mk.1 builds resemble. Hopefully I'll do a better job with the Eduard version.

• Haha 2

Just had my weekly Hannants email through and I am thoroughly confused as to what exactly Eduard are releasing with regards the Spitfire Mk.1.

Can I ask is there going to be one or two or three or even more kits in the box? I naturally assumed it would be one model in one box with their usual Profipack version but now I am not so sure.

Hannants are strongly advising to backorder this release as in their words "the new Eduard Spitfire looks set to become one of the best selling kits we have ever had. Not just best selling Eduard kit but best seller from any range!" But they have it listed at £57. The price is what made we wonder how many kits might be in the box.

I like everyone else don't really want to miss this kit but at the present time I kind of only need one not half a squadron!! 🤔

The artwork shown by Hannants does have DUAL COMBO written on it in big bold caps... 

At the pre-order price of £52 that's £26 per kit which given the decal sheet, the spares potential and the masks and etch and so on makes it a pretty decent price. As this is a native Eduard kit there should not be any great shortage of low-cost overtrees either

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

The artwork shown by Hannants does have DUAL COMBO written on it in big bold caps... 

At the pre-order price of £52 that's £26 per kit which given the decal sheet, the spares potential and the masks and etch and so on makes it a pretty decent price. As this is a native Eduard kit there should not be any great shortage of low-cost overtrees either

So Dual Combo means two kits in one boxing! Who knew? 🙂

Anyway thanks for the info and the reply and putting my mind at ease.

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 12:22 AM, Biggles81 said:

I note amongst the many other parts what appears to be a tail skid at Frame P no 71 

Were any production aircraft fitted with tail skids, I thought only the prototype Spitfire had one?

18 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Correct, and only then for a short time before it was updated to a tailwheel

Which would suggest Eduard have a prototype Spit on the drawing board as a future release too :fingerscrossed:  

2 hours ago, -Ian- said:

Which would suggest Eduard have a prototype Spit on the drawing board as a future release too :fingerscrossed:  

No, I don;t think so at all. that would require a completely new kit: the fuselage and wings have different surface constuction, the cockpit is all different, the cowling is different, there's really not one of the existing sprues that you could carry over

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Work In Progress said:

No, I don;t think so at all. that would require a completely new kit: the fuselage and wings have different surface constuction, the cockpit is all different, the cowling is different, there's really not one of the existing sprues that you could carry over

Hmm, wonder why it's on the sprue at all then, unless it's not really a tail skid at all but something unrelated and as yet unidentified.

Well remembered. K9834 / "N.17". A different type of tailskid from that used by the first iteration of K5054.

N17-4.jpg&key=cf1dd4441ee979a59d8fdbac3b

Mind you, that's another one Eduard wouldn't be able to kit using the sprues they have shown unless they resort to packaging the existing sprues with some additional new parts, a tub of filler, a file and a saw-blade. 

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 5

On 6/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, -Ian- said:

A-18 piqued my interest, a square panel on the transparencies sprue, possibly an oblique camera hatch for a future PR version?

No Ian, its the fixed rear part of the glazing

On 16/06/2020 at 00:22, Biggles81 said:

Interesting, they certainly have taken optional parts to a theoretical limit. I note amongst the many other parts what appears to be a tail skid at Frame P no 71 and Cannons for a future Ib, IIb or Vb at frame R No 7.

On the MkIX kits, the rear tailwheel has an option to make it up from three parts; I think that might be one of those parts.

Nick

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nick Belbin said:

On the MkIX kits, the rear tailwheel has an option to make it up from three parts; I think that might be one of those parts.

Those were my thoughts exactly, the length of the leg looks very similar.

12 hours ago, Nick Belbin said:

Nick

Yes the more I look at the part the more I think it is a yoke for the tailwheel rather than using the single piece.

Fantastic news! Love the rivets, love the raised rivets! Long waited model! If the fit is as good as previous Eduard Spitfires - I guarantee this will be the best selling spit mk1 kit across the market

• Like 1