1/48 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I to Mk.V by Eduard - Mk.I/Ia/IIa/IIb/Vb/Vc released

Homebee

No idea, sorry. Probably worth asking in a proper thread of its own in the WW2 forum

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

The one I'm trying to nail down is the Spitfire he was flying on 3rd September 1940, just before the squadron went up to Catterick. I'm guessing at X4276, but really can't be sure.

Edited by Work In Progress

1 hour ago, Work In Progress said:

No idea, sorry. Probably worth asking in a proper thread of its own in the WW2 forum

Good plan! I'll ask in the appropriate place (I'm terrible at going off on a tangent!)

19 hours ago, Scooby said:

I said it earlier in the thread, Eduard dropped Cartograf, with that they lost the wealth of experience in regards to color accuracy.

All the colors in the decal design are specified as Pantone colors, so there is no room for any own interpretation. Cartograf will only print what you ask them to print.

19 hours ago, Scooby said:

Eduard is new to the decal business.

Hardly new. Eduard are printing their own decals for years, they have a whole decal design and printing department. And they are printing decals as service for increasing number of kit and aftermarket producers.

"All the colors in the decal design are specified as Pantone colors,"

Yes, correct , as long as you are using or giving correct Pantone reference ! 😉

@alt-92 I have my boxing collected and I sure like what I see!

The gaspatches do have a different color yellow than the roundels and look like chromate yellow.

However the quality could be better , the Airfix ones are of a better color and  thicker  quality I would prefer those over these from Eduard..but that is my two cents and it doesn’t mean that I am not going to use them as they are still nice🤫

In one of my fuselage fairings there is something to be seen that looks what you described but just in one and less visible than yours.

The exhaust stacks suffer the same fault but one more than the other.

Nevertheless I am very happy in what is see and it is a nobrainer for regarding wich mark one to choose and buy as I really like the riveting on the fuselage with the recessed and up laying ones..

And boy we have a lot of spare canopy’s as well for upcoming marks and builds👍👍👍

cheers, Jan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

Are they? They haven't always been with Cartograf. The two Mirage IIIs I've built from the original runs (c. 2005) did not have Cartograf printed decals and I was always under the impression (going by the register and colour problems with those kit sheets) that Eduard printed them themselves.

Jon

Perhaps I should have said they haven’t mastered the decal buisness.

5 hours ago, JBr said:

All the colors in the decal design are specified as Pantone colors, so there is no room for any own interpretation. Cartograf will only print what you ask them to print.

Hardly new. Eduard are printing their own decals for years, they have a whole decal design and printing department. And they are printing decals as service for increasing number of kit and aftermarket producers.

Can’t say I have ever liked Eduard decals, reading some of the recent reviews a lot of reviewers are giving them negative reviews. Eduard does a lot of things right, decals isn’t one of them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wuger91 said:

It will be available at the beginning of August at merchants 

Yes same message from my LHS who have it on order for me,

Just on the sink marks. I’m currently building Eduards Bf109G-10 Erla and that kit also has the same problem on the back of the prop blades. All of the sprues also have sink marks where the part numbers are but fortunately not on any of the other parts themselves.  Non of which us a huge problem But maybe it’s something that Eduard might need to look at?

James

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, franky boy said:

But maybe it’s something that Eduard might need to look at?

Good points James. It would probably be worth getting in touch with Eduard via their website and telling them what you reported here. I found them very helpful and responsive when I had a problem with a damaged part.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 3:10 PM, Ray_W said:

Hence the reason why the kits are so good and even less excuse for poor quality.  @alt-92 possibly received an early bad one. Pleasing to see @Thomas V. remark. 

They certainly seek to control the whole chain and it does not seem to have hit pricing adversely. I expect why they are also doing their own decals. I like it. I often think Airfix and wish they too could do things the old way. Keep the in-house expertise.

I'd rather pay a few $$ extra for cartogragh printed decals than the old rubbish Airfix decals (or the even new  Eduard ones which I've had issues with). That Airfix use Cartograph printed decals is a big plus IMHO

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Calum said:

I'd rather pay a few $$ extra for cartogragh printed decals than the old rubbish Airfix decals (or the even new  Eduard ones which I've had issues with). That Airfix use Cartograph printed decals is a big plus IMHO

Hi Calum, 

I could of been a little clearer. I agree with you on the decals. I was referring to keeping mould design and injection moulding in-house.

Eduard though are definitely on the path of doing all in-house including decals.

Ray 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve 1602 said:

Just had an email from Hannants to let me know that it was now in stock.

I’m Looking forwards to receiving this!

Wot he said!!

• Haha 1

Ok, who's got one and what's it like ??? Spill the beans :clap:

Thanks

Dick

Edited by jenko

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

see the later posts here

has sprue shots etc.   

Thanks Troy. I knew you would know. :bye:

Dick