1/48 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I to Mk.V by Eduard - Mk.I/Ia/IIa/IIb/Vb/Vc released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1 to Mk.V by Eduard - Mk.I/Ia & IIa/b released - new Mk.Vb/c Combo boxing in August 2021

Well this is what I have been waiting for.  My uncle flew the Vc in the Mediterranean theater and later went on to become an ace in the P-51.  I have decals for his Vc from the Classic Airframe kit but really wanted to do it up better and this will do very nicely!  Very exciting to see this today!

• Like 6

Looks like I will be sitting down again, having parted with my money, to write 100 times "I must not buy more Spitfires, I must not buy more Spitfires, I must not buy more Spitfires ...."

Ray

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ray_W said:

Looks like I will be sitting down again, having parted with my money, to write 100 times "I must not buy more Spitfires, I must not buy more Spitfires, I must not buy more Spitfires ...."

Ray

How many are you not ordering?

Trevor

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

How many are you not ordering?

You'll note that I said I'll only write it 100 times. That should not take too long. Ready for the next release. And if nothing else, what a choice selection of spares in this kit.

• Haha 1

Here we go again.. 
I really need that extension added now.  Good to see the Mk.IX slowly returning again, they've been in low supply lately. 
(no 1/72 re-releases as of yet)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

These kits do look really impressive!  Based on Eduard's past releases in 1:48 and 1:72, is it likely that they might also release a 1:72 Mk1 & 2?

• Like 1

Just a couple of days ago I finally decided on a subject to justify buying a Vb - the restored version of BL628/YO-D "Marion" - and Google seemed to say the Airfix kit was the best for this mark.

I imagine this is no longer true! The decals for the Dual Combo even offer the opportunity for me to bodge the codes and serial!! Time to start hinting heavily for my birthday...

Edited by k5054nz
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 11:58 PM, Paul H said:

Based on Eduard's past releases in 1:48 and 1:72, is it likely that they might also release a 1:72 Mk1 & 2?

They seem to have slowed down that 1/72 revolution somewhat lately. Track record says 2-3 years from 1/48 to 1/72 so..

• Like 1

It's a bit of a wait to see the 1/72 version, but much better than the 10 years it took see the Emil - and that was with Special Hobby doing most of the work.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

I was just looking through the instructions for the Dual Combo and on the new sprue there's another set of undercarriage legs, so I assumed these are for the Vc to take into account the change in rake. But I was then surprised that they indicate to use the legs from existing sprues on all versions. So is this just a mistake in the instructions or am missing something?

13 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

But I was then surprised that they indicate to use the legs from existing sprues on all versions. So is this just a mistake in the instructions or am missing something?

There is a difference by the instructions. Part numbers P8 and P10 on the Vb and T39 and T40 on the Vc and I am expecting bulged gear doors see following.

Mk.Vb

Eduard Vb Gear

Mk.Vc

Eduard Vc Gear

Ray

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

There is a difference by the instructions. Part numbers P8 and P10 on the Vb and T39 and T40 on the Vc and I am expecting bulged gear doors see following.

Mk.Vb

Eduard Vb Gear

Mk.Vc

Eduard Vc Gear

Ray

Thanks for that, I should have let the instructions fully load before reading them 😜

I just checked the instructions as I wanted to make sure I could build two Vc's from the kit, which it looks like I can do.

18 minutes ago, ABeck said:

There are two different "C"s in the Overtree section of the the Eduard shop.

Interesting, when I do a search for Vc it only comes up with 82158X. What's the difference in the other one?

9 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I just checked the instructions as I wanted to make sure I could build two Vc's from the kit, which it looks like I can do.

I think this will not be the case. Looking at the sprue shots there are only two wing assembles. One will be the Vb and the other Vc. 

First set of sprues - Vb wing assembly. Note: you do get an extra fuselage that could be used for two Vc's. The other fuselage here is for some Vb versions with the rear fuselage spline flare port.

Eduard Eagles Call Sprue Shots 2

Second Set - Vc wing assembly

Eduard Eagles Call Sprue Shots 1

This is confirmed in the detail fret close ups on Eduard's site. They only call up one wing assembly of each.

Ray

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray_W said:

I think this will not be the case. Looking at the sprue shots there are only two wing assembles. One will be the Vb and the other Vc. 

First set of sprues - Vb wing assembly. Note: you do get an extra fuselage that could be used for two Vc's. The other fuselage here is for some Vb versions with the rear fuselage spline flare port.

Eduard Eagles Call Sprue Shots 2

Second Set - Vc wing assembly

Eduard Eagles Call Sprue Shots 1

This is confirmed in the detail fret close ups on Eduard's site. They only call up one wing assembly of each.

Ray

That's a shame, but I guess not practical as someone might want two b's and they would have to supply four wing sprues to cover everything. Maybe I'll just wait for the separate boxing's.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Grey Beema said:

I’m just hoping they consider a Seafire III now.  They must have most of the bits in various releases, just need a folding wing.  

Go on Eduard, you know you want to...

I hope so, but they also really need to do some PR's as well.