1:72 CMR Blackburn Firebrand TF Mk.V

All the best Bill.

2 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Yes, tonsil (re)removal means double ice cream - I believe I read that somewhere reputable.

I can attest to this, had my tonsils out when I was a nipper, jelly (jello to you) and ice cream for the first few days after the op.

AW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Yes, tonsil (re)removal means double ice cream - I believe I read that somewhere reputable.

I got my tonsils out at twenty four, they gave me cornflakes :( 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Strangely enough when I had mine removed, 'My Boy Lollipop' by Millie got to number 2 in the Hit Parade (younger viewers might need to google those two references....!!)

Funny the trivia my mind retains at the expense of 'important' things, like wedding anniversary dates....  :whistle:

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 25/07/2020 at 23:11, Ed Russell said:

I think I detect a British sense of humour there - good luck. Firebrand is looking great!

Thanks. I was one of the few friends who actually thought Monty Python was funny. Not that many Yanks can appreciate it, they seem to be more into Larry the Cable Guy and that ilk. I have a great t-shirt that says "Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!" and I have to explain it to everyone when I wear it. Sigh.

On 26/07/2020 at 02:20, Beard said:

PS. Please don't watch too much telly, make more kits.

Lord knows I have enough of them in the stash!

On 26/07/2020 at 02:39, CedB said:

I really enjoyed my time with Bill on his visits and he's one of the few Americans I know who get, and practice, our sense of humour…

e.g. One of my favourites from him "'I' before 'E' except after 'C'? Weird" :D 

I before E? Except when your foreign neighbour Keith receives eight counterfeit beige sleighs from feisty caffeinated weightlifters!    :)

On 26/07/2020 at 04:06, Terry1954 said:

Well if that happened Bill you would get one very big welcome from us all certainly!

I'm sure I would. I've never met a nicer bunch of folks. 

On 26/07/2020 at 09:49, tonyot said:

The Firebrand looks `fan dabby dozie' mate,...... superb!

Thanks, Tony, that's a new one for me. Let me write that down...fan dabby dozie - let's see if my American friends understand that one when I pull it out of my hat!   :)

On 26/07/2020 at 10:24, Tailspin Turtle said:

You must not be very old if you still have tonsils. In the 1950s and thereabouts, it appears to have been one of the doctor’s ways to make a payment on his Cadillac. Good luck.

Well, I'm old enough to remember the doctor coming to our house with his little black bag. And my medical records do indeed say I had my tonsils out when I was nine years old (1964). Very strange that they still seem to be there...for now!   :)

11 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Strangely enough when I had mine removed, 'My Boy Lollipop' by Millie got to number 2 in the Hit Parade (younger viewers might need to google those two references....!!)

Millie Small. No Google search needed for me, I remember her on one of those shows - American Bandstand, Hullabaloo, or Shindig. Can't remember which one. She had a great smile. Sad to hear that she passed away this past May.

Her big hit was in 1964, so we both had our tonsils out that year. Did yours grow back too?

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

"Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

"Biggles: fetch the soft cushions!"

"Confess, old woman!"

13 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Except when your foreign neighbour Keith receives eight counterfeit beige sleighs from feisty caffeinated weightlifters!    :)

I haven't laughed so much in ages!

Take care, Bill :)

All the best,

Mark

1 hour ago, 2996 Victor said:

I haven't laughed so much in ages!

You need to get out more...fetch the comfy chair!    :)  

Soft Cushions!

15 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

“Fan dabby dozie.“ I offer this video for Bill with no context whatsoever.....

This was hysterical in the 80’s.

Apparently

I think I'm afraid to ask the context. It may lead to something more...apparently hysterical.    :confused:

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

I think I'm afraid to ask the context. It may lead to something more...apparently hysterical.    :confused:

They were a husband and wife ‘comedy duo’

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Krankies

Comedy has moved on since then.

Trevor

• Like 2

Here's some more context for you Bill - it was a bizarre couple of Weegies (Glaswegians* as those from the west coast of Scotland prefer to call themselves - but I'm from the east so there)

*Perhaps the only urban area in Scotland where most who live there claim to really live somewhere else.

"Am no fae Glasgoe am fae Hamilton/Govan/wherever" but looking down from space you'd be very hard pressed to say where Glasgow proper stopped and these satellite conurbations begin - or so we in the east like to put about :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Her big hit was in 1964, so we both had our tonsils out that year. Did yours grow back too?

Don't think so Bill, until you mentioned it I had no idea they could! 

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I before E? Except when your foreign neighbour Keith receives eight counterfeit beige sleighs from feisty caffeinated weightlifters!  

Anyone want to buy a beige sleigh, genuine item, delivery included.... :)

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, Navy Bird said:

my tonsils removed when I was a kid. So I guess they reanimated

Partial regrowth of the tissue is unusual but far from unknown. The whole thing does not grow back, just strips of tissue.

• Like 2

As an additional incentive to get well and boost morale, I hereby promote you to the honored rank of "Usual Suspect" in recognition of you not only getting the Anglo Saxon sense of humour but showing a high standard of lunacy in many of your posts.

I also promise to up my rate of white styrene that I put into my builds for your delectation.

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

“Fan dabby dozie.“ I offer this video for Bill with no context whatsoever.....

This was hysterical in the 80’s.

Apparently 

Trevor

Beat me to it,.... I was going to explain my comment,....... this is Nicola Sturgeon, Scottish First Minister,....LOL

• Haha 4

On 19/07/2020 at 21:15, Navy Bird said:

Thanks mates, I've got my fingers and toes crossed for the PET scan tomorrow.   🤞

I grabbed my airbrush and "un-shiny-ized" the Firebrand. I kinda like how she looks, nice and clean.

Whoa!!!  That is looking so awesome!  😍

Edited by Julien
Dont quote images in a reply
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I decided to have a fandabbydozie workbench session and finish this baby. Proper RFI to follow.

IMG_5386

Cheers,

Bill

PS. I can't believe this is the first model I've finished this year. And it's August! Arghh...

• Like 20