Tamiya`s new P-38F / 1:48 "well worn"

21 hours ago, Baldy said:

No Idea who Margot Robbie is but if she has skin like that she needs to change her soap! LOL

Cheers

Malcolm

Margot Robbie down below.  Guess I did not make it clear, this model is as gorgeous as Ms. Robbie.  

https://imgur.com/ucne4xq

Edited by Ad-4N

Spectacular job, Mathy. Feels incredibly authentic. Your keen sense of detail and ability to achieve lots of colour variation within a limited range really makes this one of the most exciting versions of the P-38 I've seen so far. Thanks for the inspiration.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, paulsbrown said:

Awesome. Got any build photos showing the paint work and chipping techniques?

unfortunatly no pics available. I used a mix of those ons, plus some post-shading with airbrush🙂

comp_20200107_105112.jpg

Mathy,

While I was marveling at the weathering and scuffing on your beautiful P-38G, I was thinking at first that the areas taped off that you so wonderfully portrayed, should be darker, not lighter, due to protecting the surface from exposure, but then I found this video of P-47D's being uncrated and re-assembled after transport by sea, and you can clearly see where the tape was applied, the finish was lighter once the tape had been removed. Bonus points for you! Really adds realism to the  model. Well done!

Mike