Matrix Multibuild

I have mentioned many times that I am fascinated by the way things evolve.  I like to have multiple builds of aircraft types, just to see the deifferences between the versions as time goes by.

The Ju 87 is ideal for that.  The fuselage went through three distinctive shapes during the production run.  I will be bulding one of each, the Ju 87A, Ju 87B and Ju 87G.  The kits will be from Special Hobby, Airfix and Academy respectively, all in 1/72.

spacer.png

Hold on tight, rider!  :D 

• Like 16

Hi Enzo,

for like of us who barely can finish a kit within the duration of the GB, meeting someone like you who swallows plastic kits and spits out masterpieces is unnerving! Watching the Master at work is always a very humbling experience!

I am prepared to be humbled!!!!

Have fun to the power three!

JR

• Like 1

On 07/01/2020 at 19:38, jean said:

who swallows plastic kits and spits out masterpieces is unnerving!

I think you are being very generous. :)  I don't believe that I turn out masterpeices - but I do have a lot of fun in the process.  :D  

Ju 87A

So let's look at some box art and sprues.

I believe this kit was released in two boxings.  The one I picked up reprsents Liftwaffe service.   Of course, I want to do this as a Condor Legion aircraft in the Spanish Civil war...   luckily there are suitable decals available from Xtradecal.  

spacer.png

The parts are typical latter day Special Hobby.   Originally SH produced short-run kits.  While good, they were nothing like the quality of the recent Mirage F1, Viggen and  Super Mystere.  Not a criticism though.  We all have a learning curve - and besides, where else are you going to get a decent Ju 87A?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looking forward to this one.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 11

Ju 87B

Next up is the recent Airfix kit.   I wanted to build this as a Battle of Britain aircraft and so I searched for decals that I liked.  I totally ignored the kit main scheme - which is a BoB aircraft!

So this one will be build pretty much OOB,  I might chuck in some aftermarket if the fancy takes me, but I'm not sure it's absoluetlye necessary.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We're looking at a slightly more complex build than the others.  

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 9:30 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

where else are you going to get a decent Ju 87A?

I agree!  Mine came out alright.  I found the detail to be acceptable.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:39 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

So this one will be build pretty much OOB

Is this a new moulding?

These will be a fun trio!

Edited by John D.C. Masters
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a long overdue update.   The interiors have been painted and detailed.  The A and B used Lifecolor UA-504 Grau 02 with the G used Lifecolor UA-133 Grau 66.  The A has replacement seats from Quickboost.  The B and G have seatbelts from Eduard.

JU 87A

spacer.png

Ju 87B

spacer.png

Ju 87G

spacer.png

• Like 5

Impressive trio.

Super well done!

JR

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

All models have had their canopies fitted and masked.  I was losing the will to live at one point, but persevered!  :fraidnot:

I can imagine with 3 canopies to do, one was bad enough for me. :unsure:

• Like 1