Eduard for 2020

AlCZ

On 1/16/2020 at 9:42 PM, Col. said:

Armoured Charmer was always my favourite :) 

And one of the very few showing a semblance of artistic ability. 

Sadly, there was no Don Allen, USAAF, equivalent in Gulf War One! 

• Haha 1

Too bad they are limited to the Revell Tornado, that’s a dog of a kit. Not going to pay extra just to fight the baseline plastic. 

Now the weekend edition Tempest, that’s a win. 

Still waiting for them to push out a scaled up Hellcat in 1/32.

Cheers

Collin

I was sceptic to scaled up Hellcat-minimal in near future. New Bf 108 "Tajfun" was bought project (as wrote Mr. Šulc in Eduard Info 1/2020), not their own. First & Last own mould in 1/32 is "Emil´s Family"first released ago a decade... It´is a pity - when Eduard scaled up Hellcat, Bf 109 Friedrich Gustav & Kurfürst , Spit Mk. VIII & IX, Butcher birds  and naturally - Mustang - i bought all in many pieces. Yup, excellent Mustang and late Merlin Spit make Tamiya, but are expensive, Revell Mk. IX is cheap but Tamiya is most beautiful, Mustang exist in D-5 early only... Best kits (on my eyes) in my eyes are Bf 109G-6 (universal and cheap kit) and G-10 - but this is only "Erla" version. Maybe, when was "Tajfun" a best seller, maybe later Eduard going to their own 1/32... Big scale kits are best for building :)

17 hours ago, IanC said:

And one of the very few showing a semblance of artistic ability. 

Sadly, there was no Don Allen, USAAF, equivalent in Gulf War One! 

Drawn by a mate of mine, and carrying the RE stable belt and the Beaver emblem of 48 Fd Sqn (Air Sp) on the nose of the bomb ;) Funnily enough I will be doing it as well.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 4:52 PM, Collin said:

Too bad they are limited to the Revell Tornado, that’s a dog of a kit. Not going to pay extra just to fight the baseline plastic.

I hope you don't mind if I strongly disagree with you.

Building Revell Tornado is more aikido than MMA, and if you ignore the instructions the right way, you'll get something rather nice quite easily.

Cheers,

S.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sebastien said:

I hope you don't mind if I strongly disagree with you.

Building Revell Tornado is more aikido than MMA, and if you ignore the instructions the right way, you'll get something rather nice quite easily.

Cheers,

S.

Don’t mind the disagreement at all. First attempt on my part ended in failure. If there is someplace that spells out the proper way the kit should be built, I’m all ears. Probably my fault for following the directions. 

Collin

1 minute ago, Collin said:

Don’t mind the disagreement at all. First attempt on my part ended in failure. If there is someplace that spells out the proper way the kit should be built, I’m all ears. Probably my fault for following the directions. 

Collin

I just spelt the proper way to build a Revell Tornado without using a langage liable to damage one's karma enough to come back as a dung beetle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jenko said:

I thought a range of Wildcats in 1/48 was one of the 2020 releases ………. or am I going senile ?

Dick 

Eduard announced an F4F Wildcat/Martlet family at the PMS in Chattanooga in August 19. Reporting from the convention stated they would be 2020 releases, however it usually takes them one to two years to complete the design and make the molds, They also announced early P-40s and P-36/Hawk 75s.

This year it's Spitfire Mk. I and Tempest II IIRC. Also F-6Ds

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 8:19 PM, SimonT said:

Spitfire Mk.I? If it has moveable/posable rudder and tailplanes that will stop me looking for Tamiya’s kit cheap. I have an Airfix Mk.I but they seem impossible to get now. You can never have too many Pit Mk.Is!

And the Lysander!! Is the Gavia kit any good? If so that’s more wallet hammering!

Wdell, at least two version, the initial one with two blade propeller, and the usual one. See Eduard's presentation at Nuremberg (IPMS Deutschland has a link to it).

4 hours ago, NPL said:

And the Lysander!! Is the Gavia kit any good? If so that’s more wallet hammering!

I think the Lysander is a good kit and I would pop for ProfiPack if for no other reason than with lots of glass the mask is a huge plus.

1 hour ago, Harold55 said:

I think the Lysander is a good kit and I would pop for ProfiPack if for no other reason than with lots of glass the mask is a huge plus.

OK, I should have deleted the Lysander part. I reacted to their forthcoming Spitfires. But no problem.

Pity that still there won't be the weekend edition of 1/72 Fokker D.VII released this year.

Eduard promised it in 2018 already IIRC.

Will have to wait for it some more time I see 😢

Cheers

Michael

On 2/6/2020 at 8:02 AM, KRK4m said:

Pity that still there won't be the weekend edition of 1/72 Fokker D.VII released this year.

Eduard promised it in 2018 already IIRC.

Will have to wait for it some more time I see 😢

Cheers

Michael

They are still selling the sprues though. («Friday edition»?) :)

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2020 at 6:55 AM, Westie7 said:

Tiald + CPU-123 Paveway II showing in the April Eduard Newsletter 😲

Those CPU-123 as very welcome, as they have been impossible to get beyond Flightpath up to now [as was the TIALD] I think?