1/72 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vc by Airfix - released

Homebee

I too had ordered Hannants last year when announced. Got them promptly after release. The Mosquito B.XVI seems to have pulled a disappearing act though. Again promptly got the two I preordered from Hannants, but the additional one I subsequently ordered has been on backorder

Supply chain issues mean fewer and smaller shipments were sent, and that scarceness meant the more avid modellers tend to snap them up a couple at a time due to FOMO.

They're a bit like early 2020 bog rolls now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not just supply issues. There was an agreement at COP26, not widely publicised, for a global stash reduction. Leaders want us to build more of the kits we already have before ordering more.

I can see their point, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

'This is plastic, Mr. Bond. All my life I've been in love with its color... its brilliance, its divine heaviness'

There is no truth in the rumour that I've been stockpiling plastic by melting kits down as part of the bodywork of my Rolls Royce. and shipping it home in a Bristol SuperFreighter

Nor that I am going to irradiate Margate with the help of the Koreans (well, Academy).

Just saying.

TT

• Like 1
  • Haha 5