1/72 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1/1A by Airfix - Mk.1 released - new Mk.1A boxing in Summer 2024

Homebee

12 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

As a foreign visitor to Britmodeller with English as my tertiary language, I just did a copy and paste of the contents in an Email originating from England.

I still think the meaning is clear; the 1:72 Beaufort kit is close to seling out and Airfix is doing another production run.

It is a really nice kit of an often overlooked WW2 aircraft and deserve to be a bestseller - enabling the team in Margate to develop new releases.

@LN-KEH I also received that e-mail and know the grammatical mistake wasn't yours so apologies if that's how it appeared. The message was probably written by the same employee who was recently castigated about his recent Airfix Workbench contribution about the Bristol "Blen-Hyme".

On 4/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, Edge said:

A question for the experts. Would fitting the upcoming High Planes Mk.V/VI conversion set an accurate RAF Mk.II? 

Edge

Basically yes mate,.... but you would need to alter the undercarriage doors as the Aussie aircraft had split doors, forward and rear,..... I`ve not looked into it much yet,.... but the standard Airfix doors may be OK? 

As Dave says,.... you`ll also need some Brownings for the rear turret and use the turret Vickers K Guns in the nose after drilling holes in the glazing,..... see my earlier Beau Mk.Ia`s on this thread.

• 6 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/HPMHobbies/posts/4731752836876292

We had to delay releasing the 1:72 Beaufort VII & VIII conversions until more PE ASV aerials arrive.

It is an opportunity to bump up another conversion: the Beaufort IX “Beaufreighter”. A tiny adjustment to the cargo cabin rear to make it 0.6mm wider and we will start casting. The Twin Wasp and tail plane parts will be those used in our Beaufort Mk V conversion

263136004-4731752233543019-1307462322303

Dont forget the previous HPM dedicated conversion sets

- ref. HPA072089 - Beaufort Mk.V/VI Conversion

https://www.hpmhobbies.com/high-planes-dap-beaufort-mk-v-vi-conversion-accessories-1-72/

HPA072089-92009.webp

- ref. HPA072088 - Bristol Beaufort Twin Wasp Cowl & Engines

https://www.hpmhobbies.com/high-planes-bristol-beaufort-twin-wasp-cowl-engines-1-72-accessories/

HPA072088-Bristol-Beaufort-Twin-Wasp-Cow

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1 by Airfix - released - Beaufort Mk.V, VI, VII & VIII conversion sets by HPM
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

nice to see in the airfix you tube video, ( great video )

a beaufort mk1A is being released with the new turret correct for the mark

cheers

jerryb

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christopher Brown said:

The original tooling included the “Blenheim” turret but it was not mentioned in the instructions. Hopefully they have modified the clear parts to include the turret doors.

Hi

the turret change was mentioned in the video

cheers

jerry

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1/1A by Airfix - Mk.1 released - new Mk.1A boxing in Summer 2024

Does there exist any evidence that blue Beauforts existed, hypothetically in three blues, Dark Mediterranean, Light Mediterranean and Azure Blue. Xtradecal has the mythical L9965 in their 1/72 sheet. This is something that I would like to build, but wonder if it's just a legend.

Edited by TheKinksFan

19 minutes ago, TheKinksFan said:

Does there exist any evidence that blue Beauforts existed, hypothetically in three blues, Dark Mediterranean, Light Mediterranean and Azure Blue. Xtradecal has the mythical L9965 in their 1/72 sheet. This is something that I would like to build, but wonder if it's just a legend.

I seem to recall reading a SAM (Scale Aircraft Modelling magazine) feature on this very topic a few years ago, but I can't remember what its conclusion was.

EDIT: This ICM 1/48 Ia boxing includes an aircraft with these markings. See the PDF instructions link in the page:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-48311-bristol-beaufort-mkia--1401834

Edited by klr

33 minutes ago, klr said:

I seem to recall reading a SAM (Scale Aircraft Modelling magazine) feature on this very topic a few years ago, but I can't remember what its conclusion was.

EDIT: This ICM 1/48 Ia boxing includes an aircraft with these markings. See the PDF instructions link in the page:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-48311-bristol-beaufort-mkia--1401834

Thank you, I noticed that ICM had chosen that as one of their schemes.

You probably mean one Paul Lucas' Colour Conundrum articles? There are books that feature some of the articles, there seems to be a blue Beaufort on the cover of Colour Conundrum Compendium part 3 (nice name).

Correction, it's a Blenheim mk IV on the cover.

Edited by TheKinksFan

3 minutes ago, TheKinksFan said:

Thank you, I noticed that ICM had chosen that as one of their schemes.

You probably mean one Paul Lucas' Colour Conundrum articles? There are books that feature some of the articles, there seems to be a blue Beaufort on the cover of Colour Conundrum Compendium part 3 (nice name).

Correction, it's a Blenheim mk IV on the cover.

Yes, those would be the ones. I stopped buying SAM myself years ago, but I sometimes borrow new editions from a friend.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Interesting, the photo I think shows the tropical filters fitted but I don't think they were on the sprues in the original tooling.? Were they? 

TT

All the parts except ASV yagi aerials were in the original release, so looks like a straight re-release with new decals and amended instructions to show the new configurations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Interesting, the photo I think shows the tropical filters fitted but I don't think they were on the sprues in the original tooling.? Were they? 

TT

The original Beaufort release did include tropical air filters.

The regular carb intakes are circled in green and the tropical filters are circled in red.

53455693778_7c31044eb1_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2