1/72 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1/1A by Airfix - Mk.1 released - new Mk.1A boxing in Summer 2024

Homebee

Base to Rabbit Leader. Base to Rabbit Leader.

Is there any chance of a flyover recon for some sprue shots? Would like to see the whole thing, to see parts layout.

Chris

22 hours ago, Beard said:

It looks like they're on their way to UK customers because I've just received an email saying that Airfix have taken payment for the two I had on pre-order.

Me too; at last!  I just wish I'd had the foresight to order two as well.

The Eduard paint mask set for this is also already available (CX588). Looks like there's a Big Ed too, but everyone building this needs at least the mask set!

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/beaufort-mk-i-1-72.html?listtype=search&searchparam=cx588

Edit: 11.3.: Add in some Extradecal decal options too https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X72319?result-token=aOqxO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ptarmigan said:

No, we brushpainters do not have the need 😀

Maybe not you, but I as another brushpainter will not even try to paint any of these larger canopies without a paint mask set nowadays

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ptarmigan said:

No, we brushpainters do not have the need 😀

1 minute ago, vppelt68 said:

Maybe not you, but I as another brushpainter will not even try to paint any of these larger canopies without a paint mask set nowadays

None of the above are any use until we've got a model to use it on! Come on Airfix I'm still waiting...!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:22 AM, dogsbody said:

Base to Rabbit Leader. Base to Rabbit Leader.

Is there any chance of a flyover recon for some sprue shots? Would like to see the whole thing, to see parts layout.

Apologies Chris, I missed your recon request, however it appears @Rafwaffe has kindly obliged so thanks Alex for doing that. 
Cheers .. Dave 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keithjs said:

Apparently mines due to be delivered by DPD tomorrow morning....Watch this space...

I wish to register a request!

Photos of each spure, both sides, si vous plait.

Chris

• Like 1

Just got a mail from Jadlam saying they have Beauforts in as of today. Full price but free postage, so worth a look if you're not waiting for a pre-order. If you are, it seems to be very close for UK customers now :)

Andy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Just got a mail from Jadlam saying they have Beauforts in as of today. Full price but free postage, so worth a look if you're not waiting for a pre-order. If you are, it seems to be very close for UK customers now :)

Andy

It says out of stock now.

EDIT - Okay they are now showing in stock.

Mine's arrived!

It looks pretty decent but the detailing is weirdly basic, e.g. cylinder heads barely textured, undercarriage structures with very little detailing etc.  I'm strangely underwhelmed on that score.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, keithjs said:

Apparently mines due to be delivered by DPD tomorrow morning....Watch this space...

Thanks to DumP it and Drop it mine now won't be here till Monday as they 'were unable to deliver your parcel today' and the driver is not in your area again until Monday. You can see why Hannants are having trouble with them too. Oh well, I'll carry on with something else till Monday.

4 minutes ago, john224 said:

Will those ejector pin marks ever be seen? (especially the ones on the wing spars)

I’m building one of these new Beaufort kits in the WIP section at the moment and in my opinion - absolutely not. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, john224 said:

Will those ejector pin marks ever be seen? (especially the ones on the wing spars)

5 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’m building one of these new Beaufort kits in the WIP section at the moment and in my opinion - absolutely not. 
Cheers.. Dave 

I don't suppose they will, but it's a bit annoying that they're so prominent.

9 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

I don't suppose they will, but it's a bit annoying that they're so prominent.

Once you build up all the internal pieces that Airfix provide, most of these injector pin marks are completely hidden away. Yes, it’s annoying, however it would appear that the kit designers have thought this issue through quite convincingly. You’ve done well filling yours, however you can also get away with not filling any at all. 

Cheers and good luck with your build.. Dave 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Once you build up all the internal pieces that Airfix provide, most of these injector pin marks are completely hidden away. Yes, it’s annoying, however it would appear that the kit designers have thought this issue through quite convincingly. You’ve done well filling yours, however you can also get away with not filling any at all. 

Cheers and good luck with your build.. Dave 

Hi Dave,

I think I'm going to have to fess up to a wee bit of foot-in-mouth here; having got on and started the build properly this morning I have to say that you're 100% right, and that so far it's gone together very nicely indeed, with the ejector pin marks really not being an issue.  I filled the ones on the cockpit floor but after having done some dry fitting  I'm pretty sure that they'll be the last ones I'll fill.

• Like 2