1/72 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1/1A by Airfix - Mk.1 released - new Mk.1A boxing in Summer 2024

Homebee

22 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

That's cool for you UK folk, but to get one sent to up here, on The Backside of Beyond, will cost me £46.66, or just over $80.00 CDN. Way too much for a 1/72 twin-engined kit.

Chris

Yeah that sucks, too bad a company cannot find the time to go to the post office??????????

Since I'm not out as far as you (used to live close by), just in the Backside I use the Big H's surface post, figure if the Vikings can find N.A. so can a postal freighter!? So far none missing and quickest 9 days!!!! Despite the slow & uninsured warnings............................

close by = Cool Pool

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2021 at 9:26 AM, alt-92 said:

Or the rest are stuck on containers not getting into the UK. 

Shipping containers is still a bull market.

. . . in the middle of the Suez Canal? 😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Welkin said:

. . . in the middle of the Suez Canal? 😲

Yeah mate.

y4mwhBKhINii3VygzhA9AC6BiTuAz7r1lh5wKdR6

all joking aside, one of my regular suppliers has a shipment of Tamiya stuck in the traffic jam behind this one. Not expecting that to arrive before end of May now (due to this, once the containers start coming into the ports that will cause backlogs, which means further delays in last mile shipping to stores)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On a tangentially related note to the Beaufort, being in the same family of aircraft, what do we think the chances are of Airfix reboxing the Blenheim Mk.IV as a Bolingbroke? It's got the engine cowlings of one, being based on a Bolingbroke instead of a Blenheim.

I'm building the Blenheim now and I really kind of want this Beaufort kit and a Beaufighter to go with it and complete the set.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

I'm building the Blenheim now and I really kind of want this Beaufort kit and a Beaufighter to go with it and complete the set.

I'm in a similar position; I have the Beaufort and two Blenheims (both Airfix IVs) and the idea of a triumvirate completed by a 1/72 Beaufighter is very appealing.  I have two Beaufighters in the stash at present but they're both 1/48.

And you're right, a Bolingbroke would be great.

On 28/03/2021 at 13:44, Adam Poultney said:

On a tangentially related note to the Beaufort, being in the same family of aircraft, what do we think the chances are of Airfix reboxing the Blenheim Mk.IV as a Bolingbroke? It's got the engine cowlings of one, being based on a Bolingbroke instead of a Blenheim.

It's not, it's actually a hybrid nacelle that is neither Blenheim nor Bolinbroke (but matches the flying one!) - from memory too long for a Blenhiem, too short for a Bolingbroke. In which case, they are just as accurate releasing the kit as the latter!

Edited by Dave Fleming

I got me two of these last week, no Suez crisis here thankfully. Apart from the overly thick trailing edges (sigh - were they copied from the Beaufighter?) it seems a very nice kit.

Edited by klr

• 2 weeks later...

From the big H site:
We have received another delivery of the Airfix 1:72nd Bristol Beaufort AX04021 and we now have enough to satfisfy ALL Backorders, both retail and trade, and we have spare stock for new sales!

• Like 1

Got my backorder in stock notice yesterday - luv that e-mail - don't need to do anything, unless you want more or want it now, just wait and we will send it!!

So in a previous order from the Big H I got my Canuck markings for the two kits about to wing their way across the pond!!

I'm all set!!

4 hours ago, occa said:

From the big H site:
We have received another delivery of the Airfix 1:72nd Bristol Beaufort AX04021 and we now have enough to satfisfy ALL Backorders, both retail and trade, and we have spare stock for new sales!

I ordered one just a few minutes ago! First thing after breakfast I always check my email. The first one was from Hannants, letting me know they had some. 

I also got some Kits-World decals, so I can do a 32 OTU aircraft that was based at Patricia Bay, British Columbia. Unfortunately, they are all out of the Eduard masking sets.

Chris

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Edge said:

A question for the experts. Would fitting the upcoming High Planes Mk.V/VI conversion set an accurate RAF Mk.II? 

Edge

I’m certainly not claiming to be an expert, however from what I can see, I would say ‘almost’. The stock Airfix kit already comes with the clear DF loop and Bristol turret, however you will need to source additional Browning MG’s and possibly add two more guns through the nose glazing. High Planes (thankfully) will soon provide the engines and nacelles so with these additional parts your well and truly on your way towards building a nice Mk.II Beaufort. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’m certainly not claiming to be an expert, however from what I can see, I would say ‘almost’. The stock Airfix kit already comes with the clear DF loop and Bristol turret, however you will need to source additional Browning MG’s and possibly add two more guns through the nose glazing. High Planes (thankfully) will soon provide the engines and nacelles so with these additional parts your well and truly on your way towards building a nice Mk.II Beaufort. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave

That was my thinking, but wasn't 100% sure. I had planned (eventually) to use Tony's excellent Special Hobby build as a guide so had assumed additional guns would be necessary, but hadn't covered the different antenna or turret. 

Edge

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this message from Airfix and it is still on Hannants top selling list (number 4 this week) - so sales must meet expectations:

1:72 Bristol Beaufort Mk.1
Less than 20 remaining

We have less than 20 in stock at Airfix.com.
But please don't worry if you miss out, we are expecting further stock to arrive soon!

• Like 2

As a foreign visitor to Britmodeller with English as my tertiary language, I just did a copy and paste of the contents in an Email originating from England.

I still think the meaning is clear; the 1:72 Beaufort kit is close to seling out and Airfix is doing another production run.

It is a really nice kit of an often overlooked WW2 aircraft and deserve to be a bestseller - enabling the team in Margate to develop new releases.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, iainpeden said:

Getting the grammar correct would be nice; it's fewer not less.

Really? I understood what LN-KEH said. The grammar made perfect sense to me. 

I thought this was an international scale modeling forum, not an English Grammar class.

Chris

• Like 4