1/72 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1/1A by Airfix - Mk.1 released - new Mk.1A boxing in Summer 2024

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, zebra said:

Did I miss an announcement that the Beaufort has been released? There were several on the shelves of Metro Hobbies in Melbourne today.

Funny you should mention that Julian, Only yesterday I bought two at a ridiculous price from an eBay seller in South Australia. I’ve received a shipping notice to say they are packed and on their way. I thought it might be a hoax, however your post makes me feel a whole lot better. Happy days! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Funny you should mention that Julian, Only yesterday I bought two at a ridiculous price from an eBay seller in South Australia. I’ve received a shipping notice to say they are packed and on their way. I thought it might be a hoax, however your post makes me feel a whole lot better. Happy days! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Just had a look on the Airfix website and it still says it's on pre-order - seems very strange that it's in the shops here already, we usually have to wait ages for new Airfix releases.

2 minutes ago, zebra said:

usually have to wait ages for new Airfix releases.

I hear ya mate.. still waiting for the Spitfire Vc to hit my LHS, so getting this Beaufort before anyone in the UK is very strange... mind you, I’m not complaining!! So did you buy one? 

6 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I hear ya mate.. still waiting for the Spitfire Vc to hit my LHS, so getting this Beaufort before anyone in the UK is very strange... mind you, I’m not complaining!! So did you buy one? 

Somehow persuaded myself not to! It wouldn't fit in my build plans for a while and I've got enough online purchases on their way to me to get past Mrs Z as it is so I decided to leave it for now. Then again my resolve might be a bit weaker the next time I go for a lunchtime walk in the CBD...

They had the Spitfire Vc as well. And the 1/48 civvie Mk.XIV. Looked like they'd had a pretty big Airfix delivery.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

So the Aussie container arrived first!

Amazing isn’t it.. Can’t wait for the iPhone 5 and Play Station 4’s to arrive! 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Amazing isn’t it.. Can’t wait for the iPhone 5 and Play Station 4’s to arrive! 

The iPhone 5 is great. You don’t need to wind it up👍🏻

Trevor

• Haha 2

This has happened before. The, at the time, much anticipated and much delayed Swift showed up in my LHS in New Jersey when it wasn’t available anywhere else in the world. Do they do this to torture us?

Has happened before. Way, way back the FROG PV-1 Ventura was on sale in Sydney (the local shop got one container full which sold out in 3 days) but was never sold retail in the U.K where it was made before FROG went bust.

No I didn't buy one.

• Like 1

Was “in stock” at frontline hobbies here in Australia last night . I ordered two last night and now it’s showing them as “sold out” on the webpage. Curious to see if they get sent and turn up this week or if I get a refund...

Edited by Rafwaffe

10 minutes ago, cherisy said:

Maybe I misread it but the airfix website said winter 2021 the other day

It's still chaos with regard to international shipping.  Distributors in mainland Europe can't get new Airfix deliveries at the moment and are running their stocks down.

40 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

It's still chaos with regard to international shipping.  Distributors in mainland Europe can't get new Airfix deliveries at the moment and are running their stocks down.

Must be the same thing here in the USA, Airfix stock at the couple of online stores I visit is almost non-existant. 

23 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Brett Green has managed to get his mitts on one in Oz:

Strange. I assumed the kits were boxed n the UK but I guess they go straight to other countries and the ones coming to the UK are taking a bit longer.