1/72 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1/1A by Airfix - Mk.1 released - new Mk.1A boxing in Summer 2024

Homebee

3 minutes ago, Seboo said:

Unfortunately my delivery from Jadlam consisted only of Spitfire Vc. Beaufort to follow as noted on shipping advice.

My Beaufort is on order with directly with Airfix, since the announcement back in the mists of time. I’ve generally found I hear when it’s being shipped, and since I’ve not heard from the horse's mouth… 

Hi 

Well i have two on backorder with hannants

but i still need to find some decals for a 32otu, pat bay, canada machine 

cheers 

jerry

p.s.

just found & bought some tasman 32otu decals 

Edited by brewerjerry

18 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi 

Well i have two on backorder with hannants

but i still need to find some decals for a 32otu, pat bay, canada machine 

cheers 

jerry

p.s.

just found & bought some tasman 32otu decals 

I had one on my Hannants wishlist and got an email this morning saying they had some in stock. When I went there, they were all gone! Dang it all to heck!

I, too, was thinking on a 32 OTU aircraft, but I don't have any decals yet. I guess I'll have time to order some now!

Chris

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/12/2020 at 10:55 AM, dogsbody said:

I had one on my Hannants wishlist and got an email this morning saying they had some in stock. When I went there, they were all gone! Dang it all to heck!

I, too, was thinking on a 32 OTU aircraft, but I don't have any decals yet. I guess I'll have time to order some now!

Chris

Hi Chris 

Hannants have a set of decals in that have a 32otu option, RD codes 

KW172233. kits world 

Cheers.  

Jerry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Video showing built up Beauforts. Unfortunately for me I feel the panel lines are overdone. Too deep and wide. However perhaps that's because the modeller ran a black wash into them. 

That won't stop me buying one or two though. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, noelh said:

Video showing built up Beauforts. Unfortunately for me I feel the panel lines are overdone. Too deep and wide. However perhaps that's because the modeller ran a black wash into them. 

That won't stop me buying one or two though. 

Aifix seem to want to cater for those who do heavy brush painting which is shame. Although I was probably going to buy a couple I'm now looking at getting the ICM kit instead as it should look much better with their finer panel lines in 1/48th scale.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

@noelh - If only they'd say when the damned thing will be available, eh?  I'm now constipated by waiting.

Yes, I was expecting a release announcement date, or at least ball-park figure, in this vid.  A bit frustrating.  I do think it looks very nice though.  Having said that I think less is more regarding highlighting the panel lines. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

Yes, I was expecting a release announcement date, or at least ball-park figure, in this vid.  A bit frustrating.  I do think it looks very nice though.  Having said that I think less is more regarding highlighting the panel lines. 

Shipping delays due to the pandemic and the volume of traffic coming into the Uk I beleive.

• Thanks 1

Oh dear oh dear..pity about those over emphasised panel lines...yet again. The brown/green one looks more like a die-cast.  Still looking forward to it tho'. Whenever that might be.

• Like 2

When the news was announced for this I decided in the summer of last year to get on with two of the High Planes kits I have (I have the DAP Mk.VIII also).

They go together Ok after a lot of clean-up. The surface detail is very fine, much better than a lot of Airfix kits I've done recently, unfortunately some of it lost with filling and sanding.  These are two later boxings of the Mk.I and Mk.II and for some reason the Mk.I was boxed with the Mk.II wings which are different as regards the upper nascelle moulding and the Mk.I wing should have the small extensions moulded on (to be removed if required), I've had to cut back the upper necelle moulding as seen in the photos.

I'll buy at least one Airfix kit, depending on how these go!

I may buy two and use the High Planes Mk.II engines, cowlings and nascelles!

Davey.

DSC_0002

• Like 9

I’ll reserve my judgement on those panel lines until someone else builds one and doesn’t resort to this inappropriate style of weathering. I just cannot see this new Beaufort having panel lines as deep as those we saw on new tooled Airfix kits of the mid-2000 era.

It baffles me why Airfix still persist to showcase their new tools this way. I could name over 100 better modellers on BM who would do a much better job. This would generate excitement and more importantly many more future sales. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’ll reserve my judgement on those panel lines until someone else builds one and doesn’t resort to this inappropriate style of weathering. I just cannot see this new Beaufort having panel lines as deep as those we saw on new tooled Airfix kits of the mid-2000 era.

It baffles me why Airfix still persist to showcase their new tools this way. I could name over 100 better modellers on BM who would do a much better job. This would generate excitement and more importantly many more future sales. 

Cheers.. Dave 

As is the case in a lot of walks of life, probably more a case of ‘who’ rather than ‘what’ you know! 

• Like 1

Maybe we're being a bit hard on Nathan, I thought he did OK & was quite a likeable lad though I only watched the Beaufort bit. He came across better than I expected, maybe Airfix is trying to reach a different demographic than us old farts & it's not everyone knows it's pronounced Blenem after all. ;)

Steve

• Like 5

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Maybe we're being a bit hard on Nathan, I thought he did OK & was quite a likeable lad

He's not bad, I just don't know who he is! In the first episode I expected a little bio - "Hi, I'm Nathan and I do X here at Airfix". I was also disappointed there wasn't more info about the Beaufort kit in episode 2, rather than the type itself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

..maybe Airfix is trying to reach a different demographic than us old farts & it's not everyone knows it's pronounced Blenem after all. ;)

Steve

Absolutely. All the more reason to get it right, perhaps? It's not the chap's fault if he doesn't know, but I'd have thought someone else there might have informed him. It's in their product line, after all. 

As for the Beaufort's accentuated panel line wash, perhaps they feel it adds definition to the model when being filmed or photographed? More subtle paint jobs can look a bit bland under the lights.   

• Like 3

12 hours ago, IanC said:

Absolutely. All the more reason to get it right, perhaps? It's not the chap's fault if he doesn't know, but I'd have thought someone else there might have informed him. It's in their product line, after all. 

As for the Beaufort's accentuated panel line wash, perhaps they feel it adds definition to the model when being filmed or photographed? More subtle paint jobs can look a bit bland under the lights.   

Or more realistic. Given the trends nowadays I'm surprised they didn't get him to marble pre-shade to get the finish all unrealistically patchy 😉 

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1 by Airfix - 3D renders+sprues+test model+schemes+box art - release Winter 2021

From HPM Hobbies

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1008428789325267/permalink/1749927595175379/

One for the brains trust: is there interest in 1:72 Beaufort VIII cowls and engines as an aftermarket add-on? I find the hardest part of the old limited run kits is getting the cowl concentric. This would make that a lot easier. The engines in those kits were pretty crude "flats".

.... a side benefit from doing the design work on the Beaufort VIII conversion for the coming Airfix Beaufort I.

149091769-3868467836538134-8689429364405

V.P.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1