Airfix 2020 catalog - programme

Homebee

• 1 month later...

In my best Jeremy Clarkson impression:

"Some say the Americans unleashed it on China and Iran as a biological weapon, others say it was accidentally unleashed by a Chinese research lab, yet still others say it was transferred to humans by batman..." whomever you prefer to believe Airfix might want to come out with a 1,000,000,000 to 1 scale model of the below virus representation which looks like a WWII Naval mine as it changes our world...

spacer.png 

• Haha 6

ooh, gets out BM Bingo card

Wrong Scale

Wrong Price

Look at Airfix's panel lines

Eduard/Any Eastern European manufacturer does it better than Airfix anyway

Revell's will be discounted at HobbyCraft

Will Lidl do it for Xmas

Is there any AM for it

I know more about it cos  ____________(insert expertise here) 

Will IPA kill it

How do you prime a virus?

TT 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

If you're lucky you'll get no symptoms but still be forced to self-isolate for two weeks:

"Yes just leave the wine outside the door, please. Oh, and I'm running low on Tamiya XF-64..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Does anyone know what the source of the SM79 is?

Is it an Italeri or Academy kit? I am sure Airfix has never tooled one of these.

Strangely enough the website has it listed as being 1/76! That can't be right can't it?

3 minutes ago, Gordon J said:

Does anyone know what the source of the SM79 is?

Is it an Italeri or Academy kit? I am sure Airfix has never tooled one of these.

Strangely enough the website has it listed as being 1/76! That can't be right can't it?

Airfix https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-04007-3-savoia-marchetti-sm79--948710

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

ooh, gets out BM Bingo card

Wrong Scale

Wrong Price

Look at Airfix's panel lines

Eduard/Any Eastern European manufacturer does it better than Airfix anyway

Revell's will be discounted at HobbyCraft

Will Lidl do it for Xmas

Is there any AM for it

I know more about it cos  ____________(insert expertise here) 

Will IPA kill it

How do you prime a virus?

TT 

And for those who cannot afford it, an affordable replica can be made out of large balls of toilet paper (soaked in sanitiser) and, with sticky out bits made from dry pasta

Allan

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Airfix might want to come out with a 1,000,000,000 to 1 scale model of the below 

At a 1/1 dimension of 50-100 nanometres for the virus a 1 billion to 1 scale kit would be 50-200 metres across.

It'll never sell -I'll personally wait for a kit in the gentleman's scale... 10,000,000/1, obviously.

Edited by Vulcanicity
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

In my best Jeremy Clarkson impression:

"Some say the Americans unleashed it on China and Iran as a biological weapon, others say it was accidentally unleashed by a Chinese research lab, yet still others say it was transferred to humans by batman..." whomever you prefer to believe Airfix might want to come out with a 1,000,000,000 to 1 scale model of the below virus representation which looks like a WWII Naval mine as it changes our world...

spacer.png 

Is it just me or does that virus look like it’s been knitted? 

Probably the daftest subject for a soft toy at the moment.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I just spotted this on the Airfix website, they’re doing bundle packs. Last week Hornby were  doing a hamper that included a train set and a load of other bits to get enthusiasts into the hobby. 

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/wwii-classics-pack-1.html

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/1-48-wonders-pack-2.html

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/get-started-pack-4.html

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/tank-starter-pack-3.html

3 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Just seen in the new IPMS magazine a 1/72 rally car collection. Looks to be a new tooling - does anyone have any more info on this?

It is a mistake on the box, Tim the scale is not 1/72 but 1/43. It is a reissue of the set of three 1/43 Rally Cars that have been issued singly and as a set of three a couple of times. They are of Heller origin.  Details of one of the older sets can be seen in the ATF History Section, here.

Dave

35 minutes ago, davecov said:

It is a mistake on the box, Tim the scale is not 1/72 but 1/43. It is a reissue of the set of three 1/43 Rally Cars that have been issued singly and as a set of three a couple of times. They are of Heller origin.  Details of one of the older sets can be seen in the ATF History Section, here.

Dave

Thanks, I thought 1/72 was a little on the small side.

Would have been great for a big rally pit diorama though 🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

While the P-51 looks to be the new tool kit, the rest look to be old tools, and if so dont really do Airfix any favours. Not good for modellers, and not good for someone who would buy the as a gift IMHO.

Julien

• Like 4

Bad, bad decision, these toolings are truly outdated, given current cooperation with Academy, all of the models could have been recent Academy toolings.

Whoever decided on bringing back not only mentioned, but other ancient toolings deserves a sack, kids will be majority of ones buying these boxings( except few decal hunters ), and they will be turned off modeling upon seeing/building contents of the boxes, not to mention asking price-Pure greed-bad decision, won't do brand any good.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 5

Kind of agree here. I’d say the licensing fees paid to jump onto the band wagon wouldn’t have been cheap, so these old kits will be priced too high for what they are. The kids of today may be more savvy than we think and have already researched whats in the box before shelling out their money. 

Have these kits been delayed to coincide with the now delayed movie release? 

*Edit - Yes, just answered my own question after reading the latest ‘workbench’ blog! 

Cheers.. Dave 

11 hours ago, Julien said:

While the P-51 looks to be the new tool kit, the rest look to be old tools, and if so dont really do Airfix any favours. Not good for modellers, and not good for someone who would buy the as a gift IMHO.

Julien

Is the A-4 not the recent tooling?

The Airfix website description notes 116 parts. That cannot be the ancient 1960 kit!?

Other than that, I tend to agree with you 😊

Allan

7 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

Is the A-4 not the recent tooling?

The Airfix website description notes 116 parts. That cannot be the ancient 1960 kit!?

Other than that, I tend to agree with you 😊

Allan

The new tool has 75 parts so it is the old one unless there’s sprue for some reason airfix have failed to issue in all releases of the new tool it’s the oldie

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1