As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Adam Poultney

Model shows in the Midlands

Hi, I didn't really know where else to put this do it's been put here.

The Hinckley model show this year was cancelled, I live in Hinckley so this is a pain for me. Does anyone know of any good model shows in the area in 2020? If they're after about August then a wider range should be ok as I will be able to drive by then hopefully.

Cosford is a great show Adam,sometime in April I think.Then there is Coventry in the summer sometime.There is also the Miltom Keynes show.Don't know about transport facilities to get to these shows,public transport a bit downsized for weekend travel in our area unless travelling by car.

I enjoyed the Southwell and Peterborough shows.

Posted (edited)

@Adam Poultney - 5th April 2020 is the current date for the Cosford Scale Model Show. 

Missed it last year but looked to be a good turnout!

Scale_model_show_2018.jpg

Link to more info below - 

http://shropmodels.org.uk/index_files/Page698.htm

There is also a large RC Air Show there a bit later in the summer, and also a proper Air Show too (where i saw one of the last flying vulcans, and sat myself directly under those Olympus engines as it pulled a powered climb........ a memory not soon forgotten) . Cosford does us air enthusiasts well i think! 

A quick google shows the Peterborough show on March 1st - not too far away now! 

http://www.peterboroughscalemodels.co.uk/default.php?page=27

Edited by Kushan_Farsight
Added Peterborough show.