Airfix Stuka 1978 tooling.****Finished**********

stevej60

Steve

Probably to late,  but I was wondering if it might help to paint the gunners side of the column behind the pilot's seat black of RLM66.  It was where the radios were located. I'm sure you know that already. Just a thought. 

6 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Steve

Probably to late,  but I was wondering if it might help to paint the gunners side of the column behind the pilot's seat black of RLM66.  It was where the radios were located. I'm sure you know that already. Just a thought. 

Thanks Greg,I'm trying to find a decal in the spare's box for it.I've borrowed the missus laptop so here's progress to date.

Brush painting this one so after primer the base upper and lower colours added.

20200121_210940

20200121_211034

Then out with the masking tape for the splinter as it was pointed out the instructions are wrong showing all green upper.

20200121_210839

And decals added just the tail swastika to add.

20200122_123406

20200122_123352

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Another first rate job Steve. How long between colours do you wait to mask it. You seem to get your models painted very quickly. 

About an hour Greg I find well thinned

Acrylics dry very quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

And the first build with decals :thumbsup: Just not sure about your RLM 70/71 paints as the contrast between them is mighty big.

Cheers, Peter

Not bothered with the correct colours on this one Peter just what was lying around to be honest.

• Like 1

In the days that this kit was issued, Stukas were green on top. One solid colour. Books, magazines, kit instructions and the Battle of Britain film all agreed about that.

I can still remember the sense of shock when Neil Robinson, I think it was, suggested that they might have been camouflaged like every other Luftwaffe aircraft. 

Heresy!

John

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dad's lad said:

I liked this version of Airfix's Stuka, I never understood why but in subsequent mouldings, the mainwheel halves were moulded as part of the spats rather than separate as you have here.

Clive

The first Airfix Stuka  that appeared at the time of poly bags had this feature Clive not the best arrangement mind!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

The first Airfix Stuka  that appeared at the time of poly bags had this feature Clive not the best arrangement mind!

Yes I remember the old baggie well, silver plastic if I recall. I just can't fathom why, when they made this new mould, they then made a retrograde step of removing detail in later releases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dad's lad said:

Yes I remember the old baggie well, silver plastic if I recall. I just can't fathom why, when they made this new mould, they then made a retrograde step of removing detail in later releases.

Yes, silver plastic. Solid wheel/spat assembly. Not much detail. Not a very good kit actually. I'm doing one only because of this GB - otherwise it would have been in bin!

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235066779-ju87b-2-wnr-0406-yugoslav-captured/

I had a bag top in mint condition which I swapped for a new tool Airfix Ju87!

• Like 1

Afternoon folks,calling her done will add her to the gallery ASAP, really enjoyed this one with the Heller one halted if I come across an E-bay bargain I

will definitely return with the Italian scheme in the later boxing.

20200128_134855 (1)

• Like 12

On 26/01/2020 at 14:08, Basilisk said:

And the first build with decals :thumbsup: Just not sure about your RLM 70/71 paints as the contrast between them is mighty big.

Cheers, Peter

Looks more like RLM 02/70 but very good :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Afternoon folks,calling her done will add her to the gallery ASAP, really enjoyed this one with the Heller one halted if I come across an E-bay bargain I

will definitely return with the Italian scheme in the later boxing.

20200128_134855 (1)

Absolutely fantastic build, Steve :bounce::bounce::bounce:. V-P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2020 at 10:53, Basilisk said:

Well Done Steve. It is a very tidy build you can be proud off.

Cheers, Peter

Many thanks Peter,I had hoped to have had another one for the Italian scheme but no sign from the e-bay seller and the Viggen which was bought  for days

later arrived yesterday,I'll chase them up if no sign by tomorrows post