Here I am. Rock you like a hurricane (are you ready, baby?) The Airfix Hurricane 1/24 RFI

The Hurricane MK 1  - 1/24 by Airfix

RFI

Hello and a happy new year to you all. I'd like to start the new year with the RFI of my last actual completed build of 2019. She has been built for a month or so but I didn't find the right moment to do the RFI.  You must excuse the sheer amount of pics once again but I do like to indulge myself sometimes.

I couldn't fit her in my little photo tent thing so I took her outside and took a few shots while the sky was bright and fell in love all over again.

The WIP can be found HERE and If you followed along you know how much effort I have put in to attempt to get her right, she might not be 100% but I hope that she will be useful to those wishing to build this lovely vintage kit.

I used.

Airfix Hurricane 1/24

Tamiya acrylics

Tamiya weather powders

Flory washes.

Ezy line

I think that was it.  Without further ado Ladies and gent I give you a Massive Hurricane Mk1.

Inside first I think.

Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Phew!!!!! 🤠 Now get a fresh brew maybe a biscuit and enjoy the outside shots. :)

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI

and the parting shot....

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

That's your lot.....😍 Thankyou so much for indulging but /she is such a joy to photograph.

I hope you enjoyed the build if you followed along and if not I hope you enjoyed these shots, If not I can't help you . 🤪

I should now be up to date with my RFIs. I have added my meng tank and the Torino today too.

I have my current Gundam kit to complete then I'll be back to Aeroplanes. ( it's a bit lonely over in sci-fi land to be fair. )

All the best and as always happy modelling.

Johnny.😎

• Like 70
  • Thanks 2

I'm looking at that pic of you holding it at the rudder/empennage and can't help a slight shudder.
Lovely finish, the wash keeps it subtle enough.
(just the broken aileron cabling to fix then)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

I'm looking at that pic of you holding it at the rudder/empennage and can't help a slight shudder.
Lovely finish, the wash keeps it subtle enough.
(just the broken aileron cabling to fix then)

Thanks. What’s the cable now? Oh man did I miss something again?? 🙃

Oh well... Both ailerons hanging down is a sure indicator of maintenance going on (if that wasn't obvious from the engine cowlings removed) 😎

• Thanks 1

Hell's bells. I can't believe I've missed the build thread of this. I'm going over to have a look.

She's a real beauty...and gi-flippin-normous too.

I love the black and white pic. It's really evocative.

• Thanks 1

Bloody lovely!

Apart, as mentioned, from both ailerons being down. Please put one up, as required by aerodynamic requirements and HM Regulations!

Ian

• Thanks 1