This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

The Spadgent

Here I am. Rock you like a hurricane (are you ready, baby?) The Airfix Hurricane 1/24 RFI

The Hurricane MK 1  - 1/24 by Airfix

RFI

Hello and a happy new year to you all. I'd like to start the new year with the RFI of my last actual completed build of 2019. She has been built for a month or so but I didn't find the right moment to do the RFI.  You must excuse the sheer amount of pics once again but I do like to indulge myself sometimes.

I couldn't fit her in my little photo tent thing so I took her outside and took a few shots while the sky was bright and fell in love all over again.

The WIP can be found HERE and If you followed along you know how much effort I have put in to attempt to get her right, she might not be 100% but I hope that she will be useful to those wishing to build this lovely vintage kit.

I used.

Airfix Hurricane 1/24

Tamiya acrylics

Tamiya weather powders

Flory washes.

Ezy line

I think that was it.  Without further ado Ladies and gent I give you a Massive Hurricane Mk1.

Inside first I think.

Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Phew!!!!! 🤠 Now get a fresh brew maybe a biscuit and enjoy the outside shots. :)

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI Hurricane 1/24 RFI

and the parting shot....

Hurricane 1/24 RFI

That's your lot.....😍 Thankyou so much for indulging but /she is such a joy to photograph.

I hope you enjoyed the build if you followed along and if not I hope you enjoyed these shots, If not I can't help you . 🤪

I should now be up to date with my RFIs. I have added my meng tank and the Torino today too.

I have my current Gundam kit to complete then I'll be back to Aeroplanes. ( it's a bit lonely over in sci-fi land to be fair. )

All the best and as always happy modelling.

Johnny.😎

Very nice results achieved from this venerable old kit.

gazza l

Lovley 

Possibly the finest 1/24 Airfix Hurricane I have seen.

Impressive job, Johnny - very realistic! :worthy:  :clap:  :clap: And she's HUGE!

Lovely pics too :thumbsup: 

Ciao

I'm looking at that pic of you holding it at the rudder/empennage and can't help a slight shudder.
Lovely finish, the wash keeps it subtle enough.
(just the broken aileron cabling to fix then)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Stunning build! Enjoyed the WIP thread, it’s amazing to see it done! Truly fanTasting build

Looks like you just parked the plane outside your front door and walked in, still wearing your parachute and leather helmet. 

Brilliant.....!! 

What a stunner Johnny, absolutely gorgeous. Great work fella.

All the best

Chris

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

I'm looking at that pic of you holding it at the rudder/empennage and can't help a slight shudder.
Lovely finish, the wash keeps it subtle enough.
(just the broken aileron cabling to fix then)

Thanks. What’s the cable now? Oh man did I miss something again?? 🙃

Oh well... Both ailerons hanging down is a sure indicator of maintenance going on (if that wasn't obvious from the engine cowlings removed) 😎

BRAVO! :worthy:

That is a big beautiful aircraft!

Impressive detailing!

I hope the ailerons are not glued – both hanging down at extreme deflection adds a jarring note to your magnificent build…

Kind regards,

Joachim

Fantastic man!

Congratulations! Great job!

Luiz

Gorgeous Jont, just gorgeous. Great job that man :) 

Posted (edited)

Very very nice indeed. The underside weathering is especially well done (not taking away from the rest of your build!)

Beautiful!

SD

Edited by SafetyDad
typo

Very impressive work. Lovely painting and weathering.

Cheers Allan

Love the details and love your build, excellent work! I can understand you taking so many pictures!

Rob

Hell's bells. I can't believe I've missed the build thread of this. I'm going over to have a look.

She's a real beauty...and gi-flippin-normous too.

I love the black and white pic. It's really evocative.

As has already been said, got to be the best 1/24 Hurri ever. Absolutely brilliant.

Pete

Bloody lovely!

Apart, as mentioned, from both ailerons being down. Please put one up, as required by aerodynamic requirements and HM Regulations!

Ian

A lovely job with the weathering, overall a huge winner!   👍