1/72 Zvezda Snap fit Stuka

Valkyrie

Reading the same book re tropical colours for my Stuka...

Most Ju87s soldiered on in usual green scheme however the manufacturers provided tropical equipment for ac in this theatre and were heavily protected against corrosion...

So from that I gather if my Stuka after Nov 41 was in Africa and had a tropical scheme, it would have had an RLM 66 cockpit. 

Its a good book but covers paints and theatres rather than types and times...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Except on Ju 87A up to B-2 which had the IP in RLM 02

I give up. It does say in this book stukas seemed to soldier on... I’d really like to know one day for sure

Itd be no fun though if it was easy

So 02 on a Stuka B2

5 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Greg I I'm sure you are safe with a RLM02 cockpit, does the kit have the oval grip on the control column that the A model had?

Yes it has the Oval grip done in resin so I will have to be very careful of it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I think this project has dive bombed on me. Could not get the parts to fit and snapped most of them trying lol. Mojo doesn’t have it in me right now to correct a snap together kit, spoiled by Bandai I think and their fall together offerings. Did have another italeri to add but I think Stuka builds are just beyond my level after the previous two. Sorry 

49604420262_f79b2e0c75_b.jpg

• Sad 3

The answer to snap-fits is to glue the kits like any others. The only way to get anywhere IMHO!

Cheers.

jr

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2020 at 11:59 PM, Valkyrie said:

Unfortunately I think this project has dive bombed on me. Could not get the parts to fit and snapped most of them trying lol. Mojo doesn’t have it in me right now to correct a snap together kit, spoiled by Bandai I think and their fall together offerings. Did have another italeri to add but I think Stuka builds are just beyond my level after the previous two. Sorry

I never built a snap together model, but gluing them looks to be the key. I hope you won't give up on your build.

Cheers, Peter

• Thanks 1