Best paint to use for WW1 airbrushing

Black Knight T33

9 minutes ago, Bughunter said:

MR Paint https://mrpaint.sk/

The best I ever airbrushed, instantly drying and a number of colors related to WWI is available.

They are like Alclad in color :like:

Another company selling paints of WWI colors only is Drooling bulldog.

Hope it helps.

I would second that, I have just used their Richthofen red to paint my WNW DVa.  Lovely finish that is best used with a primer undercoat.  It is like a coloured alclad and so shows every imperfection underneath it.  

Bear Paw, 

To which paint in Bughunter's quote did your comment apply -- MR Paint, Alclad, or Drooling Bulldog?  

And I wouldn't mind a photo of your Albatros, or a link, to get an idea of the color of the Richtofen Red.  Suitable for his Dr.1, perhaps?

Edited by Bob C.

DVa

DVa

DVa

DVa

This is the MRP Richthofen red.  I painted it directly onto the pale grey plastic and put masking tape over it.  
Now I come to post these photos I realise they are not that good so please excuse. I took them whilst constructing and I think it is not natural light?  

The MRP paint is so thin that it can be modulated as you spray it on.  
I hope this helps? 

Andrew.  

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Bob C. said:

Bear Paw

That is definitely excellent!

Your photos are just what I was looking for (and more).  And many thanks for the info.

Bob C 

You are welcome Bob. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would add my 2 cents also.  Tamiya is readily available where I live and that is what I have used however I have added Tamiya lacquer thinner to the regular Tamiya acrylic thinner (which is pretty much alcohol).  This gives the paint a bit more bite on the plastic. Normally Tamiya will tend to pull up off the plastic with any masking.  I think the suggestion of MRP is good but it is not available here and I have a wall full of Tamiya jars already.