Nagatsuki, Hasegawa, 1:700

While Danton is in the final stages, another GB started on the other forum, this is my entry. My plan is to make her at full speed like here:

49312013763_6590733473_o.jpg

But with the full name on her side, this photo was taken during trials, she was still named 30 then ;)

I'm going to use this:

49333544571_c28727626d_o.jpg

and I've drawn a decal with Nagatsuki's name for both sides and stern, but don't have it yet  ;) :) 

That's how much I've managed in last few days, between painting sessions on Danton:

49312714527_5413525471_o.jpg

49333544651_28b8000ea3_o.jpg

Cheers Mick

Edited by Michael M
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That paper insert isn't glued into the wooden base. Now it's filled with the oats soaked with varnish diluted with turpentine. The collar you mentioned is just a socket for the destroyer to fit I to, when the water is finished. I never glue the water Into the wooden base untill I'm not sure it'll turn out as I want it. In  Case of failed one, like in case of Krakowiak, i just throw paper bit away and start over, without losses to the more solid elements like wooden base or the model itself.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Great build evolving here Mick, which I plan to follow.

I was in Japan early last year and amongst many model related purchases I made there, I picked up these two volumes in the Tamiya shop in Tokyo. They are packed full of excellent drawings and sketches, together with a few good photos. The only challenge is that all text is in Japanese. That's not a problem for me as one of my son's is married to a Japanese girl (the reason for our trip), and she helps me with any translation issues. As an aside, her father, who I have obviously come to know well, also builds models and can speak english!

IMG20200819132215

I love what you are doing with this model of Nagatsuki.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Admit it you've picked your daughter in law very carefully ;) Never too many books and plans, but if you're going after Mutsuki class destroyer Rainbow set provides nearly everything you need. There are two sets, mine which is for early period and is designed for Hasegawa kit and late period which is for Pit Road kit. You'll need some portholes/scuttles ( which Rainbow also has as a separate fret Rb7130 )  and boats. Other than those the only required thing is patience and good tweezers, not to mention BIG magnifying glass ;) 

Edited by Michael M
  • Like 1

As always with oils, there's more waiting than working ;) so I've done some progress on the seascape... I'm not happy with it, but it'll do. It's better than the last one, so I think I'm moving in the right direction.

50325484703_896e0f435c_o.jpg

50326151216_d67940634d_o.jpg

50325484723_95ee472263_o.jpg

50325484728_22eb334047_o.jpg

50325484733_79e8a66396_o.jpg

Thanks for watching

Mick

• Like 9