Accurate Armour 1/35th Snatch Land Rover

Bish

Got the snatch painted up. Took a few goes until i was happy with the colour. After painted, it got a couple of coats of Alclad aqua gloss.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And then the decals. These went on well, first time i have used AA decals. These were followed by some more Aqua gloss to protect the decals.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next up some weathering and detail painting.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Snatch wrapped up mid week and got the pics done today. It was finished off with some light oil filters and green streaking from AK. After that i gave it a matt coat and fitted all the final parts. I used the supplied wire for the windscreen grill and made a handle thats in the cab. The antenna's are carbon rod from Accurate Armour from where i also got the stop sign. This is PE painted aluminium and with a decal on one side. The figure came out ok. Its not Alpine Miniatures standard, but given the options it does the job. I don't normally add figures to my British armour builds mainly because of the lack of them, but i made an exception on this.

So here are the final pics.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really enjoyed this. Makes a change not to do something with tracks, and even in the UK we don't see subjects from the Troubles. I already have AA's resin Humber Pig lined up in my shopping basket. Not the easiest kits, but worth the effort.

• Like 13