RAAF CA-27 Sabre A94-983

72modeler

I am truly biased where this Sabre is concerned, and I think this variant was the ultimate Sabre performer, and even though I love my 8th FBG Korean War  F-86F's, I think this is the most beautiful of them all! A shame she is grounded due to bang seat issues, but I am hoping she can be returned to the airshow circuit. I never had the pleasure to have seen and heard her fly, as many of you have, but I bet it was an experrience! Needless to say, we are LONG overdue for a state of the art Avon Sabre in my scale or 1/48!

Mike (Texan by birth, Aussie by inclination!)

https://aviationmuseum.com.au/raaf-ca-27-sabre/

Edited by 72modeler
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats because Oz is like a humongous version of Texas. Similar climate and terrain’s, similar venomous Fauna, and wide open expanses with very large ranches and farms. 

All true- but no BBQ brisket or nachos! Hope you and Missus CFFU are no longer under the weather!

Mike

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes were up to snuff here in Chicago. Hoping Texas is holding her own. 

I had the sniffles for a week, but am back in action; the war department, bless her heart, has been sick for going on two weeks- hope she gets better soon, as the foot rubs and ice cream runs are killing me! Thanks for asking, Dennis.

Mike

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats because Oz is like a humongous version of Texas. Similar climate and terrain’s, similar venomous Fauna, and wide open expanses with very large ranches and farms. 

Ranches????? I think you mean stations!! Felt at home in Texas. Not so sure about Chicago though, but O'Hare was awesome.

Peter M

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's possible to build it without the conversion kit. 

spacer.png

I made mine by splitting the fuselage like CAC did. Of course, Red Roo Models made their conversion kit just after I finished it (I have one of their sets in the stash in case I'm inclined to do another)!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Julien said:

Looks good.

I have the High Planes set in 1.48 and about a dozen Tasman sets in 1/72 ( I picked them up as a job lot)

Julien

And I always thought it was the RAAF  Sabre! 😎

Selwyn

• Haha 1

I'm keen to build A94-983 as she was in the late 80s, preferably 1/72 but 1/48 would be lovely...imagine a New Airfix Avon Sabre!

Thanks for the link to the walkaround!

Edited by k5054nz

6 hours ago, k5054nz said:

1/48 would be lovely...imagine a New Airfix Avon Sabre!

Maybe they'll follow up their new release Canadair Sabre with a CAC one!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bell209 said:

Maybe they'll follow up their new release Canadair Sabre with a CAC one!

That's the dream I've been living since the AMW leak range announcement! Although to be honest a 1/72 version would fit my plans better...!

On 1/5/2020 at 5:55 AM, 72modeler said:

All true- but no BBQ brisket or nachos!

Mike

But we do have LOUD race cars, and as an added bonus...cricket!!!!

My Avon Sabre conversion is waiting in the wings, for the right time, and the energy.

DennisTheBear

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

And outsized personalities to match it :)  But Texas gets the prize for hats.

• Haha 2