WNW new kit hint

ARHinVA

WNW has a hint on their page of a new kit - http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3207&cat=5

Looks to me like an early rotary engine, but I am not sure  which one.  Any thoughts as to type?  And next step we can figure out what aircraft used this engine.

Probably won't be a Martinsyde Elephant.

22 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Dare we hope for an Avro 504?

That is a possibility.  Or a Vickers Gun Bus.  Or a Cauldron.  Or Pfalz Eindecker.

Depends on what exact engine we are looking at.

100% certain Avro 504 k 

How so certain?  Well Bandsaw Steve on here is doing a magnificent scratch build on here so under the seventh law of modelling it’s an absolute given that a mainstream manufacturer will produce an injected mould state of the art kit just as he gets finished 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, ARHinVA said:

That is a possibility.  Or a Vickers Gun Bus.  Or a Cauldron.  Or Pfalz Eindecker.

Depends on what exact engine we are looking at.

If it were a pusher I feel that the engine would not be down in one corner of the pic, where it looks like the rest of the airframe will be filled in at some point. It would be much nearer the middle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/01/2020 at 05:42, JohnT said:

100% certain Avro 504 k 

How so certain?  Well Bandsaw Steve on here is doing a magnificent scratch build on here so under the seventh law of modelling it’s an absolute given that a mainstream manufacturer will produce an injected mould state of the art kit just as he gets finished 

Yep - finished my one on 31 March this year - so I’m expecting wingnuts will make an announcement any day now. 

• Haha 1

I have to admit that a 504 would do me nicely as there is a local connection for me. 

I am still hoping for a SPAD having been wrestling the Hobbycraft one for some weeks but I would want one that self rigged.....

oh, managed to acquire a set of Pheon decals so will be doing the Memorial Flight one in honour of the massive hangovers we all had after taking it to Luxeuil in 1991

Edited by melvyn hiscock
Undoing spell check
  • Like 1

Yes that was my first thought it does open the market up for them. Every cloud and all that. I have made several WNW kits but never made a Copper State model. How do they compare?  

7 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

Yes that was my first thought it does open the market up for them. Every cloud and all that. I have made several WNW kits but never made a Copper State model. How do they compare?  

Ive not built one either but have seen and read quite a few builds/reviews. They compare quite favorably with WNW’s from all that Ive seen. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

I have a CSM 1/32 Nieuport in the stash. I've thumbed through the instructions and examined the sprues at some length but not started building. It looks to be a kit of the very highest quality. Very comparable to WNW kits, you wouldn't be disappointed if you bought one. Might start it once my Triplane is done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Caudron G3 would be nice to see.  I won't build it (wrong scale)but I will enjoy watching others build one...

Sorry...edit...wrong motor if that's a 110...Te Caudron had a LeRhone 9C...

Edited by John Masters

If WNW drops out I think several others will step up including CopperState (which are excellent).  I can see Special Hobby putting more into 1/32 WWI kits, there instructions are starting to look like WNW and you would get PE and probably some resin.    If there is a market you can be assured someone will fill the space.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, just before the close down I placed an order for a decal less Albatross and a Sopwith Dolphin.

Today I had an email from Wingnuts assuring me that all outstanding orders would be shipped as soon as lockdown closes and they are able to access the building.

Admitedly it was addressed ‘To Colin’, but I put that down to one person sending a lot of emails on a template.

Still much better than Hannants that sent me DVII with broken parts and have not answered either of my emails, the first sent on 15 April.

Melvyn Hiscock

1 minute ago, melvyn hiscock said:

Today I had an email from Wingnuts assuring me that all outstanding orders would be shipped as soon as lockdown closes and they are able to access the building.

Melvyn Hiscock

They have not answered any of my emails dating back to the middle of March requesting updated Trade price lists. I note that Weta Workshops are still firing out trade emails though.

Duncan B