Airfix 1/72nd S2C Buccaneer in "proper"markings!

Lovely build, might try Tamiya white lacquer if it gives you that sort of finish. Very inspired build my buc is moving into priming stage very tempted to do the white lower surface. Well done. Thrown together lol don’t kid me....

That is a lovely looking Bucc.  It's good to see these new kits coming through the RFI threads.  I agree about the scheme - looks superb across the early RN jet fleet.

Very cool!  I just wish this kit was available here in Utah. I may have to let the mail man bring it to me

as this is one of my favorite jet aircraft. The fuselage shape looks as if it managed to get a girdle

that is too small up past its hips and stuck around its midsection .

• Haha 1

A great looking build in a fantastic colour scheme that suits the  aircraft to a tee!

Just to prove that I am a nit picker in the first degree I can say I did spot your deliberate mistake! 

The yellow  explosive hazard bands on the bombs should be a lot closer to the nose of the bomb, They were  re positioned  in the 1980's to the position shown  when  the bomb was used warhead was begun to be used on the Paveway II (UK) as the Paveway front fairing obscured the existing hazard band.

But I honestly don't think you would care a jot about that!

Lovely model!

Selwyn

(Now hiding behind the settee!)

I just had a dig in my box of decals and found the same Modeldecal sheet 57 that you used - interestingly the underwing serials and code 726 are roundel blue and not black as on more recent Buccaneer decal sheets - does anyone know if both colours were used on the EDSG/White scheme?

CJP

Thats a stunning build 😍 This kit is very buildable, I wasn't going to get one until the RAF variant arrived but I cave and haven't been able to leave it alone..... 

....then I ordered another one I liked it that much.

This confirms that my second one will defo need to be EDSG over white.

Superb work and a finish to die for, absolutely gorgeous.

Eng

I just got my copy of the new kit (after cancelling my "pre-order" from Airfix USA and ordered it from a US retailer) and now I'm tempted to back date the kit like you did.  That color scheme is definitely more attractive than the kit version.  Great work!

• 10 months later...

Simply stunning, Jonners!

Just started mine today. Planning on the same squadron as yours, but perhaps with a different serial/ modex number.

I'll start a thread once i get the basic carcas together.

david