Bloody Mary 1/8 Scale

Jo NZ

It's progressing nicely, if slowly.  Two steps forward (dash panel) and one step backwards (dash hoop).  Keep up the good work.

Trevor

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jo NZ said:

The dashboards arrived from Nick, and I have to say that the engraving is brilliant!

Unfortunately they have suffered in the post...

IMG_0804

I'm not sure what did it, but they are curved in two directions - pretty difficult to do

luckily, with some gentle flattening in a vice, and then a rubber hammer and surface plate, they can be recovered. I flattened the worst one first

IMG_0805

I drew the plate intentionally 5mm larger all round, so I'd got some fiddle room to get it in the right place on the dash hoop

IMG_0808

Looking good! I was looking through my photos for more detail when I came across this

IMG_0330

Notice how the dash hoop goes down the side of the chassis? I'd never noticed it before, and made the hoop to sit on top of the chassis.      Bugger.

So next is to build a new dash hoop out of laminated strips of wood. I still have the jig that I used to make the first one, so a slight modification will correct it. I'm off to my LMS tomorrow to get thin strip hardwood.  Luckily he supplies boat modellers so always has a good selection...

- and then I can use the second dash plate....

Let me know if you need any more panels easy enough now I’ve figured out how to make them.

Nick

• Like 1