Me410 A-1 - FineMolds 1/72

CedB

18 hours ago, CedB said:

49333674793_4634115566_z.jpg

Knock it over. Rats.

I'm consistently impressed Ced that your reaction in these situations is to reach for the camera, rather than, for example, the hammer. A showman at heart!

J.

• Haha 13

38 minutes ago, CedB said:

sticking a bit of Tak inside the bay and gently pushing it into place - that was it wasn't it?

Precisely so :)

Great fix for the missing door :clap:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CedB said:

49333674793_4634115566_z.jpg

Knock it over. Rats.

I too had a flood of superglue on my workbench this weekend though in my case, it was caused by one of our cats knocking over the bottle while I had the spout off to try and unbung it. Amazingly, the beast in question managed somehow to avoid becoming permanently attached to the desk, fortunate since it would have been a real pain to have to work around him.

Me410 is looking great Ced.

Craig.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Regular readers will remember I had to rescue a spinner from a bag in the bin during my Lysander build so I now make sure that any bags are empty before I throw them away.

Did you check your pants....?! :whistle: :rofl:

Anyway, the Milliput rescue shows you didn't need it - great save!

K

• Haha 5

Apart from the mishaps of missing part(s) and spilling C/A not bad at all sir.

After an incident with knocking over a bottle of primer I now have an old biscuit tin that I place all open bottles/jars, especially for clumsy sods like myself.

Simon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

STOP! WAIT FOR ME!

Or at least drive a Routemaster so I can leap on whilst you're off and running! 

5 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

The ground’s too boggy for the horses, SWMBO wants to make a ‘ swamp ‘ garden. There has been talk of a post retirement cottage but I think ( hope ) that was said was in jest. :dog:

John

You know what will happen...it'll burn down, fall over, then fall into the swamp. Hopefully she has huge tracts of land to make up for it....

1 hour ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

I too had a flood of superglue on my workbench this weekend though in my case, it was caused by one of our cats knocking over the bottle while I had the spout off to try and unbung it. Amazingly, the beast in question managed somehow to avoid becoming permanently attached to the desk, fortunate since it would have been a real pain to have to work around him.

Craig.

Could have been interesting had said cat started licking it's...well, you know, what cats lick, and got glued!

🤣

I'll be at the bar.

I need a rest after all that running to catch the bus!

Ian

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, JasonC said:

I'm consistently impressed Ced that your reaction in these situations is to reach for the camera, rather than, for example, the hammer. A showman at heart!

J.

Thanks Jason - of course I did spout some Anglo-Saxon, grabbed parts out of the pool and wiped them a bit before reaching for the camera! :D 

4 hours ago, giemme said:

Precisely so :)

Great fix for the missing door :clap:

Ciao

Thanks G :) 

2 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Craig.

:rofl:Thanks Craig, glad to know I'm not alone!

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Did you check your pants....?! :whistle: :rofl:

Anyway, the Milliput rescue shows you didn't need it - great save!

K

It…was…NOT… MY PANTS! it was on my… oh, give up, let him have his fun! :D 

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

Apart from the mishaps of missing part(s) and spilling C/A not bad at all sir.

After an incident with knocking over a bottle of primer I now have an old biscuit tin that I place all open bottles/jars, especially for clumsy sods like myself.

Simon.

Tin lid. Great tip, thanks Simon :) 

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

STOP! WAIT FOR ME!

Or at least drive a Routemaster so I can leap on whilst you're off and running! 

You know what will happen...it'll burn down, fall over, then fall into the swamp. Hopefully she has huge tracts of land to make up for it....

Could have been interesting had said cat started licking it's...well, you know, what cats lick, and got glued!

🤣

I'll be at the bar.

I need a rest after all that running to catch the bus!

Ian

Ah there you are - welcome Ian :) 

Cockpit assembly completed (with the tricky gun mechanism):

49339583381_52ab6899e0_z.jpg

Exhausts and radiators painted:

49339803027_d6be62167c_z.jpg

I think the nacelles and the rest of the wings are ready:

49339156153_09f4a42d23_z.jpg

• Like 15

Thanks Simon - I'll look out for one like that, looks just the job :) 

Engines. There's a nice method of mounting the radiator covers:

49340235787_db1a807835_z.jpg

Just make sure the nacelle halves are aligned - mine were, phew.

The exhausts fit nicely too:

49339548113_2e0e2c207d_z.jpg

…and leave some unusual, interesting 'that'll come in' gates:

49339551073_c2d89feae7_z.jpg

Wings glued on and now drying, taped 'up' to close the gap in the roots:

49340517367_0cee03e000_z.jpg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, CedB said:

It…was…NOT… MY PANTS! it was on my… oh, give up, let him have his fun! :D 

:rofl2: OK Ced, I'll believe you..... :rofl:

I noticed a good 'anti spill' device on a youtube video I was watching recently - the guy had cut a square piece of packing foam and then cut around the bottom of the bottle to get the exact shape - looks a good idea....

Good quick progress Ced, soon be done!

K

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Page 3 before I notice this is under way and you're thrashing through it at a rate of knots Ced. Didn't even manage to get here before the wings are on!

Is it me or is he getting faster with age? :hmmm:

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, bbudde said:

Coming along nicely, even with the mishaps!! Cheers

Thanks Ben :) 

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

:rofl2: OK Ced, I'll believe you..... :rofl:

I noticed a good 'anti spill' device on a youtube video I was watching recently - the guy had cut a square piece of packing foam and then cut around the bottom of the bottle to get the exact shape - looks a good idea....

Good quick progress Ced, soon be done!

K

Oooh, that's a neat idea Keith - thanks :) 

5 hours ago, Procopius said:

Never have ellipses done so much work.

Indeed… :D 

4 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Amazingly fast work Ced. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Johnny. 

it's a nice kit Johnny and it (mostly) flies together :) 

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Whose pants were they then?

:coat:

:rofl2:

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Page 3 before I notice this is under way and you're thrashing through it at a rate of knots Ced. Didn't even manage to get here before the wings are on!

Hi Tony, welcome along!  Sadly the only thing that may be getting faster is my kit bashing :) 

51 minutes ago, giemme said:

Very likely so, Tony :D

Fast anf steady progress, Ced! :clap:

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio :) 

Progressing - tailplanes, barbettes and nacelles on:

49342046696_08033a444e_z.jpg

49342050476_be2e1833af_z.jpg

49341600898_0f02236654_z.jpg

Canopy masking next.

I'm having my haircut tomorrow morning and getting my bus pass!

Not sure I'll use it much (I'm not keen on travelling in things that are clearly designed to be hosed out after each shift) but who knows, it may broaden my horizons!

• Like 10

I hope I do not detect any trace of jealousy that Ced is now joining the ranks of 'proper-job' retirees lads but feel I must interject

Hosed down at the end of a shift!

Dammit Sir Ced 'tis obvious you rarely travel 'public', more likely hosed out at the end of the month

If there's a qualifying R in the month

In summer

But free trains are even scruffier

But free...

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, CedB said:

(I'm not keen on travelling in things that are clearly designed to be hosed out after each shift) but who knows, it may broaden my horizons!

I told you about the time I had the misfortune to ride in a Chicago bus that had just been fumigated, right? Quite literally a shower of dead and dying roaches came cascading out of the ceiling on me. It was like a hellish fever dream.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, TheBaron said:

You can't fool us, Tony. You're one of those who go straight to page 3 first, aren't you!

14 hours ago, CedB said:

I'm not keen on travelling in things that are clearly designed to be hosed out after each shift.....

You should try Charter aircraft. You wouldn't believe the state that some customers leave those in, and of course the crew have to clean it up.

Worst of all are the little "surprises" that get left. I have seen toenail clippings (yes, I kid you not!!) .....the napkin trick....A half eaten tea cake or similar, wrapped in a napkin and left with the napkin peeking out of the seatback pocket. Of course we remove the napkin, by pulling it out, only to see tea cake explode all over everything within range (including, in this case, me!).

I won't tell you what one passenger did in the snackbox...suffice to say there was no loo on board....

Fun times....

Ian

• Haha 2
  • Sad 7

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

I've had mine for three years this Friday. I've used it once....!!

You need to find a route with a good pub on it!

Ian

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

You should try Charter aircraft. You wouldn't believe the state that some customers leave those in, and of course the crew have to clean it up.

Based on all those trashy paperbacks from the 1970s, I'd expected more French letters.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Lovely looking bird.  Sand the edges off on those exhaust covers. Go on you know you want to. 🙃

Johnny.

Bus pass and a hair cut eh, oh how the other half live. 🥳😎

Done. Just for you Johnny :) You know what'll happen now don't you? Someone will post a reference shot of the 'characteristic rough edges of the exhaust covers'!

1 hour ago, perdu said:

I hope I do not detect any trace of jealousy that Ced is now joining the ranks of 'proper-job' retirees lads but feel I must interject

Hosed down at the end of a shift!

Dammit Sir Ced 'tis obvious you rarely travel 'public', more likely hosed out at the end of the month

If there's a qualifying R in the month

In summer

But free trains are even scruffier

But free...

Ah Bill, you're really making it sound enticing! :D 

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

I told you about the time I had the misfortune to ride in a Chicago bus that had just been fumigated, right? Quite literally a shower of dead and dying roaches came cascading out of the ceiling on me. It was like a hellish fever dream.

Nooooo! You should write a film script (after the book) :)

29 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

You can't fool us, Tony. You're one of those who go straight to page 3 first, aren't you!

Worst of all are the little "surprises" that get left. I have seen toenail clippings (yes, I kid you not!!) .....the napkin trick....A half eaten tea cake or similar, wrapped in a napkin and left with the napkin peeking out of the seatback pocket. Of course we remove the napkin, by pulling it out, only to see tea cake explode all over everything within range (including, in this case, me!).

I won't tell you what one passenger did in the snackbox...suffice to say there was no loo on board....

Fun times....

Ian

OMG - sounds awful! :) 

22 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I've had mine for three years this Friday. I've used it once....!!

Hmmm. Let's see if I can do better than that - I will, of course, share my experiences :) 

20 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

You need to find a route with a good pub on it!

Ian

Aha! Good tip! :) 

7 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Based on all those trashy paperbacks from the 1970s, I'd expected more French letters.

Mais oui, certainement! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2