1/72nd Minicraft B-24M Liberator Mk.VIII, Glamour Girl, 356 Sqn India 1945

13 minutes ago, IanC said:

One of your best. The NMF and exhaust weathering is just right.

The Liberator looks good in RAF markings too!

Thanks Ian,.... kind of you to say so.

I'm never sure how you do these so well mate other than your total talent and love for the subject matter (and alchemy) of course :) , but as ever it looks bloody lovely. The asymmetric weathering on the top wings just adds to the look, and it's hard to pull off well without looking obvious or laboured. Yours is neither and is effortless..

Top start to the year Id say.

Jonners

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

I'm never sure how you do these so well mate other than your total talent and love for the subject matter (and alchemy) of course :) , but as ever it looks bloody lovely. The asymmetric weathering on the top wings just adds to the look, and it's hard to pull off well without looking obvious or laboured. Yours is neither and is effortless..

Top start to the year Id say.

Jonners

Thanks mate,....... it wasn`t all planned and I had to run with it a bit! I found that MiG Pigment Powders have a tendency to rub away brush painted Humbrol Metalcote,..... but it ended up looking quite effective and I extended it a little!  

All the best bud,

Tony

• Like 1

She's a stunner Tony beautiful finish, many moons ago I worked with great guy who was aircrew on Liberator's in the far east,some great tales

he had too!

• Like 1

I love the look of the big Lib and this is a great inspiration to do one. Love the subtle weathering, just enough to break up the vast area of silver. British do Niels on silver are a great combo too, well done mate :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

She's a stunner Tony beautiful finish, many moons ago I worked with great guy who was aircrew on Liberator's in the far east,some great tales

he had too!

Cheers Steve,...... respect to your workmate,.... I bet he had some tales to tell too. 

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Beautiful work Tony :clap2:... I would love to build some 4 engine beasties. Just don't have the room to store/display them. 

LOL,...... neither do I mate!! Glad you like it,.....cheers.

1 hour ago, woody37 said:

I love the look of the big Lib and this is a great inspiration to do one. Love the subtle weathering, just enough to break up the vast area of silver. British do Niels on silver are a great combo too, well done mate :)

Chees Neil,...... I`d love to see a Lib get the Woody treatment mate,..... a nice 100 Gp one or a Far East bomber maybe? I`ve yet to do an Italian theatre one yet,..... so maybe a SAAF one will be next on my Lib production line?

23 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

Lovely Liberator Tony beautiful NMF to this big beastie 👏👏👏

Thanks, glad you like it.

22 hours ago, Beard said:

That's rather fabulous (but then we wouldn't expect anything less).

LOL,.... I only show you the ones I want you to to see!! Glad you like it mate..... it was almost a disaster!

20 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

She is a real beauty Tony, I like the paint finish and your weathering on the Nacelles looks fantastic fella, great job.

All the best

Chris

Cheers Chris,.... I always like to dirty up the cowlings if I can mate.

All the best and cheers everybody for your kind remarks,

Tony

• Like 2