Model Builder Website Needs Help

albergman

Hi all and Happy New Year.

I have a friend who scratch-builds high-end car models for sale and has just released his new website.   He's in Ohio, USA and I'm in Canada and he's finding that US users get excellent response times browsing his site while myself and 3 other Canadian users virtually stagnate on certain pages.   

I'd like to invite any Britmodeller who is willing to check it out to post their findings when accessing one particular page.   

The site is markmaholm.com.

What I need is ...

click on "Galleries" in the top right

Click on "Commissions"

Wait for that page to load all its images (about 40) then click on any image you like which will load a new page with thumbnails.

Let me know how long it takes to fill in all the thumbnails.   In the USA this seems to be instantaneous while my own response is about a minute.   Just give me an answer such as "under five seconds" or "much longer than 5"  give me your best guess of the time if it's lengthy and please tell me where you are in the world.

Enjoy the site while you are there as it's pretty spectacular modelling.   We'd really appreciate any help you can give.

Frank

UK, checked download speed immediately afterwards: 60.74Mbps

Loaded instantly on MacBook, however when tested on the iPhone 7, same internet connection, the images don't load and there are elements of the site missing, different text like "Engines" instead of the desktop sites "Engine", cannot see commissions on mobile, and the contact link is just a line on mobile device.

Coops

Thanks to all who took the time to visit and reply.   Been very helpful.   Surprising that in the first 5 hours I got 5 replies and then approx. 130 more visited but not one replied!!

Oh well, the results were unanimous and I guess we'll have to conclude there's no issues.

Frank

On 1/2/2020 at 11:57 PM, dnl42 said:

I'm in the US with 200 Mbps service. Load times were, as predicted, near instantaneous.

Same here (75 Mbps).

2 hours ago, albergman said:

Thanks to all who took the time to visit and reply.   Been very helpful.   Surprising that in the first 5 hours I got 5 replies and then approx. 130 more visited but not one replied!!

Oh well, the results were unanimous and I guess we'll have to conclude there's no issues.

Frank

There are major issues when viewing on a mobile device!

8 minutes ago, Cooper645 said:

There are major issues when viewing on a mobile device!

You're right Coop.   He's well aware of problems with the I7 (which he has) but other Iphone's are OK it seems.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1