72modeler

Just got a pair of the deluxe boxings, kit 72035 today....wow, wow, wow! Until I can figure out how to post photos, (One of my New Year's resolutions!) here's a brief summary, based on first look- will compare to drawings when I get a chance:

Put your AZ and Hasegawa kits up for auction- this is THE Mk II Hurricane in 1/72 scale, in my humble opinion (What say you, @Troy Smith?)

*two hoods- one for closed, one for open; landing lights nicely done and in correct location compared to fabric wing

*prop and spinner look very good- Rotol prop

*scribing is very fine and precise; fabric effect on fuselage, control surfaces, and fin/stabs extremely well done (two very slight sink marks on either side of upper surface of the

horizontal stabilizer, which is done in one piece with separate elevators.)

*Vokes tropical filter and both styles of 20mm cannon provided

*wheel bays nicely detailed and correct shape- undercart nicely done and four-spoke wheels slightly flattened

* fairly nice cockpit detailing with the cockpit floor/heelboards molded with the upper wing, sidewall detailing as part of each fuselage half, but the tubular framework is not        really provided

*no external tanks included, nor is there any visible sign of flashed over holes for them- need to source these from the aftermarket or from other kits

* There are two pairs of very closely spaced holes flashed over on the lower wings that appears to indicate  a Mk IID will be a future release

*no provision visible for a hooked version- maybe a new fuselage at some later date?

*decals are very nicely printed but very glossy- four markings choices, with two being for Smallwood's LK-A in two different schemes

If you are crazy about the Mk V like I am, with the fineness of the panel line scribing, it will be very easy to fill in and rescribe the correct panels and add the relevant Mk V bits

Hope they sell a bazillion of them and continue turning out kits of this quality! Thank you, Arma Hobby!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 2