BEA Trident Three Titles

buzz

I picked up an AA Trident Three at Telford and plan to adapt a set of Ray's Trident One/Two BEA Speedjack decals.  Could anyone print me a couple sets set of Trident Three titles for the tail?  Beer tokens can be sent via PayPal in exchange.

Thanks,

Roy

On 1/2/2020 at 8:11 PM, buzz said:

Could anyone print me a couple sets set of Trident Three titles for the tail?

Hi, Buzz.

Since your question has already more than 70 views and no answer, I' try to share my thoughts.
For me it is impossible to print in white, at least in home printing.
There are some producers as parkes682 decals https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/131-parkes682decals/ that perhaps is useful to contact.
But, if you are in the know of the exact rgb or cmyk code of the blue, I would go for a sort of "negative printing": it is possible to print a blue rectangle on a transparent decal paper and letting the lettering clear.
If you shoot the white on the area, you will place there the said rectangle. It would also be possible to cut the rectangle to the size and shape of a panel in order to get a more realistic effect.
If you want, you can contact me directly for the size of the lettering and I'll do my best to rebuild the font with CAD (since if we cannot speak of a real font in that era).
Of course, that is for free.

Cheers

Eugenio

On 1/2/2020 at 7:11 PM, buzz said:

I picked up an AA Trident Three at Telford and plan to adapt a set of Ray's Trident One/Two BEA Speedjack decals.  Could anyone print me a couple sets set of Trident Three titles for the tail?  Beer tokens can be sent via PayPal in exchange.

Thanks,

Roy

Or if you can wait until around Easter time I will be releasing both BEA and BA Trident 3 screen printed decals :)

• Like 5

You could also get in touch with F-RSIN and see about getting hold of one of their 3b Speed Jack decal sheets. Luckily I have one in the stash which I'll be using on my AA kit, which, incidentally, is amazing.

The dark blue used by BEA in their Speed Jack era was a really odd shade.

Actually Eric this is due to it having a green content, which can be seen clearly in strong sunlight. The Xtracolor BEA Blue 1960 enamel is close and a good match for the TwoSix Decal sheet.

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

You could also get in touch with F-RSIN and see about getting hold of one of their 3b Speed Jack decal sheets. Luckily I have one in the stash which I'll be using on my AA kit, which, incidentally, is amazing.

On Airlinercafe, Laurent (F-RSIN) suggested using his decal but didn't say that it was available separately from his kit and I said I didn't really want to but another kit just for the decal.  When I later posted that Ray was going to be doing the decal and would therefore be sorted, Laurent seemed to take offence, saying I was "clearly not interested". Or maybe it was lost in translation.

Edited by buzz