1/48 Academy/Eduard boxing of the F4. 

IMG_1218

IMG_1217

IMG_1219

1/35 Skycrane.

IMG_1919

IMG_1988

IMG_1124

Airfix 1/48 Merlin with Belcher Bits conversion.

IMG_0868

Academy 1/35 M1151 with Live Resin turret, DEF model wheels, Legend Mine Roller and Rhino.

IMG_1012

IMG_1010

Astrokit, 1/48 Jet Ranger.

IMG_1139

The best kit of the decade for me, Tamiya 1/48 F-14A

IMG_1087

IMG_1085

IMG_1084

Tamiya F-14D with Steel Beach B conversion. 

IMG_0944

IMG_0947

IMG_0946

Resicast 1/35 Sherman DD with Dragon figures and FoG base.

IMG_1048

IMG_1049

Academy 1/48 Sea Knight

IMG_2729

IMG_3253

I've been working on this for a local attraction, they wanted a scene replicating from the embarkation of the 29th Infantry Div, June 4 1944. It was finished for display in May 2019. Please excuse the background 'clutter', it was so big I had to finish it off in my garage;)

IMG_2376

IMG_0515

IMG_4942

• Like 35

Some exceptionally nice builds there, I'm quite jealous! 

Congrats on the SMW gold, the Sikorsky was one of the prize winners I took photos of on the Sunday.

2 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

A very nice collection!

The D-Day diorama is 35 scale?

Yes it’s in 1/35. It worked in getting all the vehicles and troops, making the LST’s was a challenge though, scratch built but with some 3D printed deck fittings.

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

Some exceptionally nice builds there, I'm quite jealous! 

Congrats on the SMW gold, the Sikorsky was one of the prize winners I took photos of on the Sunday.

Thanks you for the compliment regarding my Skycrane, I wasn’t impressed though on Sunday morning at Telford. I came up to the comp in the morning to find my model displaced on its base, the rotor blades moved in the pitch and on the rotorhead axis. I can only deduce that the person/s taking photos for the press at the beginning of Sunday, removed the paper warning for “model not fixed to base”, the model comp application detail slip and the Gold ticket awarded by the judges on Saturday. In fact my model is shown in the IPMS mag with displaced blades.

I know the Competition Sec can move the models but I’d hope/expect that if any official was to move my model they would exercise the utmost care, treating it equal if not with more care than their own. 
Needless to say I wasn’t happy, when I display my model I want it to be as I leave it... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wafu said:

came up to the comp in the morning to find my model displaced on its base, the rotor blades moved in the pitch and on the rotorhead axis. I know the Competition Sec can move the models but I’d hope/expect that if any official was to move my model they would exercise the utmost care, treating it equal if not with more care than their own. 
Needless to say I wasn’t happy, when I display my model I want it to be as I leave it... 

Hell's teeth, I think you'd every right to be unhappy.

I think you can tell how much I know about helichoppers when I say I certainly didn't notice the displacements. I thought it was a fine model, and that's why I took a photo of it.

All in all, I took just 65 photos in the competition area, out of what, 1,000 or so entries in the competition? I think that shows how good I thought yours was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Hell's teeth, I think you'd every right to be unhappy.

I think you can tell how much I know about helichoppers when I say I certainly didn't notice the displacements. I thought it was a fine model, and that's why I took a photo of it.

All in all, I took just 65 photos in the competition area, out of what, 1,000 or so entries in the competition? I think that shows how good I thought yours was.

Thanks for your kind words, I was very relieved that I did ‘check’ it before the Sunday began.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

All are fabulous models. Really impressive. Out of interest what are the rules on moving models at SMW? Are they picked up for judging? 
regards

Bruce 

Hi Bruce, They can be, however I know people who have been judges there and they say it’s rare for judges to pick up models or bases, they do though on the very odd occasions.

Oh WOW,....... what a great bunch,...... I was going to say that I loved the Jolly Roger trio,.... then I saw the DD Sherman,.....and then THE BEACH,...... brilliant year there mate!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Great years work .. It's all brilliant . Can't mention everything but the Skycrane is ace . That banking Tomcat is full of movement , the base is a great touch . Did you make that ?

Well done ,thanks for showing .

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

Great years work .. It's all brilliant . Can't mention everything but the Skycrane is ace . That banking Tomcat is full of movement , the base is a great touch . Did you make that ?

Well done ,thanks for showing .

Hi, I got the shadow stand from this guy for my Tamiya F-14B conversion, https://www.modeldesigns.co.uk/product-page/shadow-stands-250mm

The F-14A was with black acrylic and clear rod from EBay. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, Wafu said:

Hi Bruce, They can be, however I know people who have been judges there and they say it’s rare for judges to pick up models or bases, they do though on the very odd occasions.

Thanks WAFU. Goes against what happens here in Australia then, with the resultant breakages that incurs.  Id rather they just left them alone, but thats a whole other thread

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

Thanks WAFU. Goes against what happens here in Australia then, with the resultant breakages that incurs.  Id rather they just left them alone, but thats a whole other thread

I agree Bruce.

Heartfelt thoughts to you and your countrymen in this time of extremely trying times. We in the UK are shown the loss off life and your countries real estate, stay safe you all.

9 hours ago, Wafu said:

I agree Bruce.

Heartfelt thoughts to you and your countrymen in this time of extremely trying times. We in the UK are shown the loss off life and your countries real estate, stay safe you all.

Thankyou for your kind thoughts WAFU. The impact on the flora and fauna is going to be felt for quite some time I think

Bruce