The Night Believes it is Endless (1/72 Lysander III)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! Here's a short video tour of the grotto as it stands tonight.

My opening line is of course a Wes Anderson reference.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Comprehensive setup you have there PC. 🙂 Having space for a light tent without having to fold the blasted thing up each time is a real bonus. I used to have exactly the same little IKEA tower of drawers, right down to the handles!

J.

7 hours ago, Beard said:

Nice grotto, nice stash.

Have you ever considered a career move? I can imagine you doing the laconic narration in movies.

6 hours ago, hairystick said:

+1

You have a good voiceover demeanour there PC.

Very kind of you. I worked in a call centre for a long time, and did the phone menu and away messages for them. In person it's a bit more annoying.

4 hours ago, JasonC said:

Comprehensive setup you have there PC. 🙂 Having space for a light tent without having to fold the blasted thing up each time is a real bonus.

I was hugely excited when I realized I'd have room for it. I'm far, far too lazy to keep folding and unfolding it otherwise.

Week 1 of everyone off of everything (except me, I'm working from home) has begun. The boys are being anesthetized with Fireman Sam, and I think the good folk of Pontypandy (who, god bless 'em, seem to be of sub-normal intelligence as a general rule) should just consider throwing the pestilential Norman into the Wicker Man I strongly suspect they have lying around somewhere and sorting him out for good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Video stash tours?  You are really upping the game here, Edward.  

Loving the light box, too; I have one that was home made (aka bodged) out of an old cardboard box and some semi-opaque paper.  It kind of works, -ish, on a good day, but yours is positively professional in comparison

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

Week 1 of everyone off of everything (except me, I'm working from home) has begun. The boys are being anesthetized with Fireman Sam, and I think the good folk of Pontypandy (who, god bless 'em, seem to be of sub-normal intelligence as a general rule) should just consider throwing the pestilential Norman into the Wicker Man I strongly suspect they have lying around somewhere and sorting him out for good.

The 5 year old in my last relationship did once point out to me that if it wasn't for Norman, Fireman Sam would have nothing to do. Quite perceptive of her I thought. Let the little bu**er die next time.

• Haha 1

Nice video tour of the grotto, although I think you need some more kits. Don't you? But please tell me, what is a DVD?

I thought maybe I might make a video tour of my cave, but I can hardly get to my workbench 'cuz this new skeletope thingy is in my way. If only the clouds would part, I could take it outside.

20200316_190922

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Nice video tour of the grotto, although I think you need some more kits. Don't you? But please tell me, what is a DVD?

I thought maybe I might make a video tour of my cave, but I can hardly get to my workbench 'cuz this new skeletope thingy is in my way. If only the clouds would part, I could take it outside.

20200316_190922

Cheers,

Bill

Ooh! Kinky! Now we know what you really do in there.

Chris

• Haha 14

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

20200316_190922

Cheers,

Bill

Phwoar!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, Navy Bird said:

20200316_190922

Cheers,

Bill

See, everyone else immediately thought sex stuff, but my mind went here:

xe0kc294oemy.jpg

Haven't had any good Chiantis recently, have you Bill?

Anyhow, I haven't much felt like modelling (or really, doing anything) lately, what with all of this uncertainty and chaos caused by COVID-19; my mom and my father-in-law both have weak immune systems, and I'm worried about them, the supply chain around here has collapsed due to the general affluence of the area meaning that many people have the necessary buying power to snap up any and all scarce goods right now (STOP BUYING ALL THE TOILET PAPER YOU DEVILS), I'm working from home in a hell of Zoom meetings where everyone sounds the same for the foreseeable future, the global economy appears to be teetering on the brink of collapse, and the entire universe has put forth a pretty damned compelling case for not eating bats, which in no way look like something you should want near your mouth in the first place. Also Mrs P left a hammer on the floor the other day while I was in my home office working, and one of the boys found it and practiced with it on the drywall. I haven't figured out which one it was, but I plan on killing both of them just to be safe.

Anyway, I managed to slink downstairs tonight after everyone else was all-abed and decided to break out the airbrush for the first time in the new place.

IMG_20200320_225925

I think the below photos should make it disappointingly clear how poorly the clear parts fit:

IMG_20200320_225943

IMG_20200320_225936

Looks like we have some fairing-in in our future. But we're getting there. 

• Like 22
  • Sad 1

Hey PC, always a big moment when you fire up the airbrush again. Looks good, even if the fit is a little suboptimal. 

This messed up crazy world has me a little stressed in my own right, although I’ve been the opposite, the only thing I can do to keep calm is get to the workbench. That, and not sleep (as I post at 2:30am).

Good luck patching the wall from the hammer practice!

Thanks for the Video PC . You are now my yard stick on too many kits. (I think I’m fine) but as we all no there are never “too many kits” right. 😇

great pics even if the canopy looks like pain incarnate. Good luck with the lockdown kid.

Johnny.

Nice pictures PC - the Lizzie, not the Cannibal (scary). Looks like the photo booth is doing a great job :) 

Also looks like the boys are making the new house their own already, bless them.

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, CedB said:

Also looks like the boys are making the new house their own already, bless them.

My thoughts exactly. They'll soon have it like a war zone, I'm sure!

Seeing other folks stash is always somewhat calming and reassuring for me. I'll have to reveal my own two cupboards worth sometime. They are large cupboards......

That's a nice collection of Hawker Hunters there PC, but surely nowhere near enough?

Terry

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

That's a nice collection of Hawker Hunters there PC, but surely nowhere near enough?

More TSR2s than ever actually flew, as well.  

• Haha 5

Brilliant mate. Love the voice over - sign him up Hollywood. A mancave the envy of any doomsday prepper. Just one thing missing...

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Ah that's it.

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Procopius said:

found it and practiced with it on the drywall. I haven't figured out which one it was

It will be the drywall with the hammer-shaped holes in it.

Glad to be of service.

:coat: Adrian

• Haha 13

9 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

It will be the drywall with the hammer-shaped holes in it.

Glad to be of service.

:coat: Adrian

That made me splutter red wine in amusement, sorry PC old chum.

• Haha 1