The Night Believes it is Endless (1/72 Lysander III)

My house passed its final inspection and my buyer deposited his earnest money; my mortgage is in final review with the brokers, so packing now begins in earnest. 

On 1/31/2020 at 5:08 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

If you need help let me know, its not that far for me. I can put some boxes in the jeep as its pretty roomy when the seats are folded. 

Thanks, Dennis! Right now it looks like we'll need to be moved out the day before we close, but we can't move into the new place until two days after we close (because we want to get the carpets cleaned), so we're going to have to hire a professional moving company to get it done. If there's a Saturday or Sunday you and @John Laidlaw can make it over here before I move, I might have some kits to pass on for you. I have a pair of 1/32 Revell Hawker Hunters, and after having to sell all my WNW 1/32 kits for a second time to defray costs from going to the UK, I need to liquidate them from my stash. and they sell so cheaply and are so hard to find a box for, it's almost easier to give them away...

I'm in Austin next weekend for work, so I'll likely be packing most nights. I think this pretty comprehensively delays finishing this build (especially as it means Mrs P will not be going to Michigan with the kids for a week, depriving me of blessed silence), but hopefully a little more will be accomplished before everything gets packed away.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Procopius said:

If there's a Saturday or Sunday you and @John Laidlaw can make it over here before I move, I might have some kits to pass on for you.

15 minutes ago, Procopius said:

I'm in Austin next weekend for work,

If Im reading this correctly you’ll be in Austin the 8th - 9th and home weekends after that ? Im free any weekend so you name the day &  I’ll be there. I can bring the Hawk ejection seat WOyVoxx.jpg that was in the 109 kit. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Procopius said:

If there's a Saturday or Sunday you and @John Laidlaw can make it over here before I move, I might have some kits to pass on for you.

I am willing and able to help, on the conditions that 1) you're able to accept the large sheet of styrene I've already driven to and from your current abode once, and 2) when you need a kit or two to work on in the future, you just give a shout, and I'll deliver it to you (unless it's a WnW Lancaster, as my lovely wife would almost certainly balk at that).

• Like 6

Great news PC - good luck with the move and fingers crossed here :) 

A professional moving company is a great idea IMHO - it's always surprising just how much stuff you have when you empty all the cupboards.

Dennis, John, well done for coming to the aid of a fellow BMer - good men both :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CedB said:

A professional moving company is a great idea IMHO - it's always surprising just how much stuff you have when you empty all the cupboards.

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

I've moved once on my own and once with professionals.

It was worth every penny, and then some!

I just moved this past weekend, and seemed a nice little place near work. The moving van arrived, and now it's a nice little place stuffed with boxes! It would have been even more exhausting (or impossible) without the movers.

Good luck with it all PC, and in a month's time we'll both be luxuriating at brand new benches, building til our hearts' content.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

How do you get the stash safely packed without displaying its true extent to your beloved?  I’ve seen your stash, Edward (alas, only in photographic form, but even so); you’re going to need a special truck just for that!

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Haha 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

How do you get the stash safely packed without displaying its true extent to your beloved?  I’ve seen your stash, Edward (alas, only in photographic form, but even so); you’re going to need a special truck just for that!

By hiding the kits amidst all the books I'm packing up, you silly-billy. (During a moment of stress, Mrs P personally blamed me for our moving bill being so high. Books have never pooped on the carpet, though, and can she say the same about her pre-existing hobbies?)

I got approval from the company to withdraw money from my 401k, we've got final approval on our loan, we move on the 27th-the 1st. Sorry for the radio silence, I was in Texas, sick, and am now packing. Also my work seems to have annoyed some wingnuts who may show up to my office and blow me away to indicate their respectful disagreement with us on a point of law. Fun times. 

Here is where I'll be moving:

Stately Hedgehog Acres

The Guest Bedroom (AKA the "Ced Chamber") is on the first floor, opposite side of the house from the middle window. 

• Like 27

38 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

Nice gaff mate B) 

Indeed.  Panel lines look very realistic.

I very much like the concept of “pre-existing hobbies”.  The problem in my case is that my return to modelling was directly triggered by my wife giving me a Sea King kit for Xmas about 10 years ago.  Pre-existing but in remission?

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Sorry to hear you've been ill PC but good to see you back :) 

Nice house - I look forward to seeing it 'in the flesh'!

By the way, did you know one of the bins (the blue one) seems to be dead? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

A very nice house indeed Edward, but ....

8 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Panel lines look very realistic.

.... if they are Flory wash, you know they will wash away with the next decent rainfall?

Ced's room looks great 😉

Hope the move in is not too painful.

Terry

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CedB said:

By the way, did you know one of the bins (the blue one) seems to be dead? :D 

Yeah! It's gone wheels up!

We've got the same trash/recycling bins up here, on The Backside Of Beyond.

Chris

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Procopius said:

By hiding the kits amidst all the books I'm packing up, you silly-billy. (During a moment of stress, Mrs P personally blamed me for our moving bill being so high. Books have never pooped on the carpet, though, and can she say the same about her pre-existing hobbies?)

I seem to recall, stop me if I'm out to lunch, that 'pre-existing hobbies' encompasses pigeons.

24 minutes ago, JosephLalor said:

I seem to recall, stop me if I'm out to lunch, that 'pre-existing hobbies' encompasses pigeons.

Doves, but yes. Much less intelligent than pigeons. I've seen them fly into walls. She lets them out a lot, which is a concern, because the new house is entirely carpeted.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Tomoshenko said:

Nice looking manor PC. I am in the process of selling and moving home myself, but via the English system, which anyone on here will verify is an utter nightmare.

Ours is the same, but with a different symbol in front of the numbers.

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Tomoshenko said:

Nice looking manor PC. I am in the process of selling and moving home myself, but via the English system, which anyone on here will verify is an utter nightmare.

I’m steeling myself for the whole terrible business sometime later in the year (the house will go on the market nanoseconds after Avereda Jnr moves out). You’ll never meet as many licensed crooks as when you dip your toes into these murky waters.

That house looks sumptuous PC, all the best for the move

6 hours ago, Procopius said:

Doves, but yes. Much less intelligent than pigeons. I've seen them fly into walls. She lets them out a lot, which is a concern, because the new house is entirely carpeted.

Simple: heavy-duty plastic sheet laid over the carpet will protect from all manner of fluids, bodily or otherwise.

19 hours ago, Procopius said:

Stately Hedgehog Acres

The Guest Bedroom (AKA the "Ced Chamber") is on the first floor, opposite side of the house from the middle window. 

Very sharp, PC! Congratulations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Procopius said:

Your wife’s pre-existing hobby? That’s an interesting way to refer to your children...

9 hours ago, Procopius said:

Oh. I guess that makes sense... Does she breed them, or just keep them as pets?