How do I fix this paint work?

Walter

I'm after your help, what is the solution to fixing this blemish? I want to airbrush it but am concerned I will make it worse with over spray even when masked. I feel the easiest option will be to use a brush but the finish will be glocier compared to airbrush.

2020-01-01_12-15-16

I'm really stuck on what to do I'm hoping the master painters among you can help.

Thanks

Walter

Seconded. Very light sanding 1200 grade or higher. Take your time.  Mask with white tac. Then very lightly air brush and build up the layers. Might take a few hours. But will worth it and as always it will add to the skill bank  . Its all a learning process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As above but when you come to start airbrushing, stick a ‘Post It note’ just out of the area to be painted.  When you start spraying, start it on the Post It then spray down onto the area.  It just eases any problem with the start of your spray run..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

As above but when you come to start airbrushing, stick a ‘Post It note’ just out of the area to be painted.  When you start spraying, start it on the Post It then spray down onto the area.  It just eases any problem with the start of your spray run..

Thanks good tip

Edited by Walter

Just a thought, no expert, but if you mask out and spray whole panels, even if the colour is slightly different you won’t notice it because the dark demarcation of the panel line will break up the transition.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Thanks 1