Revell releases for 2020 (after 1st quarter)

On 1/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, AaCee26 said:

Hi all,

1/72 combat set of Spitfire and Bf 109 says a Bf 109G-10 and a Spifire Mk V. In the illustration there is an early Bf 109G-6 with low tail, old canopy, early bulges and tall antenna mast. Would it be the old G-10 or a modified kit with a new fuselage and canopy? When the G-10 was released I was looking that it was designed so that other subtypes would be easy to adapt from it.

Sseason greetings!,

AaCee

My bet is that it will be their G-10. A G-6 would require a complete retooling of fuselage, cockpit and wings. So I guess Revell won't do that.

Its not a bad selection, compared to some years earlier, I would especially applaud re-release of Junkers F.13 and Hawk, as well as Ju 88A-1, and as mentioned we'll get few more surprises

down the line( Nurnberg+last quarter of the year), but after Hobbico's price hike of between 25 and 40%, Revell is losing its ground throughout Europe, simply they are overpriced both for 

distributor/retailer and consequently for the buyer. Its the biggest price hike since Dragon and Hasegawa of 2009, and we can all see where mentioned brands are now

on the market.

Edited by Thomas V.

1 hour ago, Denford said:

Unclear - hopefully others will know better - if the Ju88A-1 being issued separately or (so far?) only as part  of the Battle of Britain set?

Would seem odd to issue a revised tool via a gift set only, makes more sense for it to be issued separately earlier in the year as announced previously 

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2020 at 1:44 PM, KRK4m said:

Thus don't you think that two previous boxings of Revell 1:72 M109 howitzer are also Toxso tools? Both variants have been announced by Toxso for the 2016 introduction and they never appeared as such. On the other hand their level of detailing far outweighs everything that Revell has accustomed us to for many years. If Revell came into possession of all Toxso 1:72 AFV toolings we should expect the first decent Braille scale injected kit of ZSU-23-4 in 2021 👏

Cheers

Michael 

i was hoping Revell would introduce a long barrelled M109 (but an A1/2/3!), it will be interesting to see if the new M109 is a variation on the original Revell tooling or an original (Toxso) version

And if it is the Toxso can the A2 be next?

Edited by Dave Fleming

2 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

i was hoping Revell would introduce a long barrelled M109 (but an A1/2/3!), it will be interesting to see if the new M109 is a variation on the original Revell tooling or an original (Toxso) version

And if it is the Toxso can the A2 be next?

It is the Toxso kit.

modelldoc

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, alt-92 said:

Monogram B-29 with PE bits added.  I do wonder who has enough space for that though...

Presumably anyone who has bought 1/32 Lancasters etc.......!😉😉

Allan

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, Ka-Efka said:

That's a lot cheaper than I expected. How mean of them 😇

I sold mine 2 years ago for double that so I expect that these will sell ok at that price.  

On 31/05/2020 at 22:21, ABeck said:

The A is out again from Dragon:

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/artikel/75674

spacer.png€ 33,50

I read this 2 days ago and on the website it said "more than 5 available". I bought one immediately. Today it is sold out!

Thanks for your post!

Volker

• Like 1

There's a couple of kits I'm glad to see, the Beau and 188 being the prominent ones.  Don't forget that they're also still coming back from bailing themselves out after the former US owners went bust.  Give 'em time, and hopefully they'll come up with more interesting new tools for us all :)

• Like 6

I was just told that the forthcoming repop of the Dragon Ju 188 will be the Ju 188 A-1 version (same as the limited re-issue by Dragon, see above). The Revell boxing will come with new variants/decals.

Does anyone know when the Tornado GR.4 boxing is due to appear please? I know it was due in June, but I'm guessing it's been set back?

I have a bunch on order and frequent trips to the vet with my Lab have drained the modelling budget this month somewhat.

Cheers,

WV908

I don't know about Dragon Ju 188:s or Tonkas... But I picked my three Revell 1:72 Ju 88 A-1:s from my post office an hour ago, and I'm a happy modeller now 🙂

IMG_20200608_185157

The dreaded flimsy blue boxes are gone, replaced by flimsy black boxes! The Modellversium in-box review explains the plastics part of the new kit well enough, no need to dig deeper into that.

IMG_20200608_185415

Here's a comparison view of A-1 instructions on the left, A-4 on the right. I like the new ones.

IMG_20200608_185503

Not to mention the difference in painting instructions! There are two pages of colour instructions per both decal options; both sideviews with detail inserts like seen above, and full upper and lower surface views. Excellent! V-P

• Like 7

On 1/5/2020 at 1:32 PM, Denford said:

Unclear - hopefully others will know better - if the Ju88A-1 being issued separately or (so far?) only as part  of the Battle of Britain set?

Also available separately:

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/revell-172-junkers-ju88-a-1/

On 6/2/2020 at 4:05 PM, RicardoD said:

Not so exciting 2020 from Revell then :( 

"Exciting" is a very subjective term though!😉😊.

Plenty there to keep me happy!,Beaufighter,Ju-88,Tornado Gr4,Ju-188, the 1/32 Tempest, the  1/72 Combat sets, 1/72 armour....! Don't really mind if they're mostly reissued!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52