Revell releases for 2020 (after 1st quarter)

1 minute ago, VMA131Marine said:

Only if the kit includes the parts for the dihedral tailplanes as well as the flat tailplanes used in the If.

I need the original kit's dihedral tailplanes and thimble nose plus the new observer's bubble — or I will buy a set of the new clear parts and the old kit.

Tony

3 hours ago, Rickoshea52 said:

What am I missing about the comments regarding the Revell 1/48 Tornado’s? It sounds like they are now hard to come by but I’ve seen plenty online for sale. In fact I have one of the recent Luftwaffe versions that I have been reluctant to put on eBay because of the low price I’m likely to get. 

The RAF GR4 is currently hard to find , at least at a sensible price. A welcome reissue!😊

Allan

• Like 2

Although I fear to be a bit biased, I like what I see so far. Considering Revell is in a consolidation phase, they execute a imo. well thought out news program. BoB and Top Gun is obligatory, 3D Puzzle elements is at least an interesting idea (no I don't think the target audience is in this forum ;-)) and good new variants and cooperations. 

I hope the Type E turn a out great, and sells well, so that Revell stays motivated in this area as well. (why they still didn't rebox Hasegawa's BMW 02 kits is beyond my comprehension (money I guess...)) 

And now fingers crossed for one or two surprises in Nürnberg. 

I'm very surprised to see that the Star Wars kits are so limited. Nothing new from Revell specifically, and the Bandai kits, while awesome, seem very lacking considering what's available. Out of the ones that aren't available -  Speeder Bike, A-wing, TIE Interceptor, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Striker, Y-wing, Combat Assault Tank, U-wing, Rebel Blockade Runner, Super Star Destroyer etc - so many kits in the smaller and larger scales, they only release the B-wing, Death Star 2 & Star Destroyer? That's so disappointing.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

5 hours ago, IanHx said:

Well if they're mainly re-issuing old kits....   Skycrane!  Skycrane !  Skycrane !  :)

The question on some of these older kits like the CH-54 is going to be who has the tooling? Most of the older tools that were still in the US got sold to Atlantis Models, who then turned around and sold off some car and, I think, sci-fi kits to a third company whose name escapes me at the moment. Atlantis has not provided a full list of all the kit moulds they acquired, for obvious reasons. So we may not know who owns the tooling for this kit until one of the companies involved re-releases it.

I'm very excited for Top Gun: Maverick so the 1/72 themed kits have me very interested, even if they are snap-tites.

The Technik Spitfire IX sounds amazing. A shame I'll likely never be able to afford one...not at RRP, anyway! Even half that seems expensive for the others in the series in my opinion.

Edited by k5054nz

16 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Well it might not be the most exciting list but I'm looking forward to being able to get the Dragon 1/48 Ju-188 without having to remortgage the house

That's piqued my interest too, but what's it like to build? I've only ever had Dragon kits in 1/72 and they were all pigs to put together.

16 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Most of the older tools that were still in the US got sold to Atlantis Models,

Not 100% correct: Atlantis ONLY bought SOME tools - the bulk of the old Revell/Monogram tools have been shipped to Revell Germany e.g. to the Polish plant who is producing most of the kits for Revell (save those produced either by other manufacturers like ICM, Zvezda or those produced in South Korean or even Chinese plants).

Michael

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ABeck said:

….and some beloved moulds are lost in space (PRoC)…..hard to believe that we will see any of these again…. (Me 410 and others)

When Hobbico went bankrupt, it owed a lot of money to suppliers in China, including the companies there molding kits for Revell. The tooling there should have become the property of Revell and I was not aware that some kit moulds had disappeared.

1 hour ago, Der Lingener said:

Not 100% correct: Atlantis ONLY bought SOME tools - the bulk of the old Revell/Monogram tools have been shipped to Revell Germany e.g. to the Polish plant who is producing most of the kits for Revell (save those produced either by other manufacturers like ICM, Zvezda or those produced in South Korean or even Chinese plants).

Michael

I think we’re actually saying the same thing here. Revell USA shipped most if not all of the tooling it wanted to use to its injection molding supplier in China. The bulk of the remaining tooling in the US consisted of  very old moulds by Revell, Monogram, Aurora, Renwall, etc that they did not think they would use. It was this old tooling that Atlantis bought and they seem to be making a go of bringing a lot of these older kits back to life.

1 hour ago, ABeck said:

Hobby Search is showing the A

Maybe there is a mistake in Revell's news article, Dragon has announced last year that they are going to reissue the A themselves in January, so now I'd guess the E will be released by Revell in October?? Anyway the revell article does show the box art for a E.

Edited by delide

4 minutes ago, ABeck said:

Hobby Search is showing a Dragon reissue (A). The Revell preview picture shows the E although Revell intended to do the A.

OK, thanks. It's just my wishful think then, a pity that not both are going to be reissued.

2 hours ago, Homebee said:

DRAGON

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10663752

- ref.5517 - Junkers Ju 188A-1 "Rächer" (January 2020)

spacer.png

REVELL

- ref. 03855 - Junkers Ju 188A-1 "Rächer" (October 2020) 

03855-Junkers-Ju188-A-1-R-cher-1-1536x68

V.P.

Well, they both could just include both engine sprues in their releases, and make many customers even happier 😊