Revell releases for 2020 (after 1st quarter)

Actually, I think it's a great line up. Both Tornado kits, NF Beaufighter, the B-29( presumably ex Monogram), CH-53G AND a Ju-188 in 1/48 scale together with a 1/32 Tempest. What's not to like.! 😊

I really don't care if they are reissues or, other manufacturers kits repackaged. Only down side to the B-29 is the "Platinum Edition" repackaging which will doubtless be very expensive and include p /e parts which I hate and, normally throw straight in the bin where they are included in kits. Hopefully,Revell might also issue it minus the expensive frippery!

Disappointed in the lack of 1/72 aircraft to be sure but, some nice armour subjects in 1/72. Never heard of Toxso as a manufacturer. They any good?

Other than my reservation over the B-29, I'm very pleased overall. Revell getting lots of my money in 2020!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Radpoe Spitfire said:

A bit disappointed that  they still  haven't looked at a Dornier 17z in this scale to follow the Ju88 and He111.

Me too. Given we can model all the main front line BoB types and a fair number of the lesser used types as well from “the Battle” in 1/32 I would have thought it would be seller in pre, early, Blitkreig and 1940 versions. 
Add to that some of the lesser types that do see the light of day in 1/32 and I scratch my head at the thinking behind what gets produced and what’s missed. 
A 1/32 Martin Marauder falls into the same “why not?” box as the Dornier when some more obscure and way less produced aircraft kitted. Personally a 1/32 Do 335 is interesting but more a footnote in aviation history and I can’t see the logic in producing loads of them in a number of versions while there are bigger gaps to fill. For example I would not expect a Manchester before a Wellington or a Stirling before a Halifax in any kit range in any scale. I am sure there are others 

• Like 1

That is an extremely poor line up from Revell. 

I mean it is good to see the Tornado GR4 being re-issued and I heard from a rep that they were planning to bring the GR4 back, just didn't say it was in a new box with alternative decals. I just thought it was going to be a restock.

I'm waiting to see what other brands have coming out, but seen nothing stunning announced by any brand yet bar the Airfix Vulcan  

• Like 1

John T, I could not agree more, while I have been modelling for nearly 50 years, I don't recall  Revell ever releasing a 1/32 Me 109E either. In all my years, they have to date,  done the Me 110c along with the He111, Ju87 and Ju88 (all Battle of Britain types) as well as the Me 262 and He 219 UHU. 

So Luftwaffe subjects in this aren't exactly avoided. I'm still at a loss that the Do17z has still not been dealt with in this scale.  It isn't a massive aircraft - on the contrary, most of Revell's twins are larger!

Given its service history, it has enough appeal for kits to be released in 1/72 and 1/48th, so why not 1/32nd?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Radpoe Spitfire said:

A bit disappointed that  they still  haven't looked at a Dornier 17z in this scale to follow the Ju88 and He111.

Hi!

Don´t expect such a subject to be tooled by Revell right at the moment!
They have enough to do to keep the business running and new tooled kits are too much of a risk at the given moment! Maybe later? A Dornier 17Z would fill the gap between Ju 88 A and He 111 - but too "obscure" for large sales I asume!
Spitfire, Mustang and Messerschmitt - these are "sellers"!

We even mentioned the idea of a new tooled Junkers Ju 52 in 1:32nd scale - no reaction other than raised eyebrows in Bünde!
So let´s hope for our Ukrainian friends from ICM to produce such kits! And THEN they will re-appear in Revell boxes too!

22 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

some nice armour subjects in 1/72. Never heard of Toxso as a manufacturer. They any good?

Toxso from Hong Kong (producing in mainland China of course) were really good kits (like ModelCollect).

I´ll do a review of their SCUD B as soon as other demanding reviews are finished.

Michael

Edited by Der Lingener
  • Like 5

Click to the link

https://www.revell.de/produkte-revell/revell-3d-puzzle/

and you´ll see what to expect!

A 3D iceberg for the Titanic?

😬

Their marketing simply hopes for new customers in this niche - I strongly doubt that it will work but let them make their own experiences!

And maybe I am wrong! I am no expert in marketing/ad and hopefully they know what they are doing ...

Michael

Edited by Der Lingener
  • Thanks 1

The Scud would be interesting, but it comes to late, modelcollect made a good job last month.

Here is the link for Tokso models.

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkCOMPNAME[]="Toxso Model"&q=*

and a Scud review:

http://miniafv.blogspot.com/2015/04/toxsomodel-172-scud-b-launcher-review.html

modelldoc

1 hour ago, Der Lingener said:

Toxso from Hong Kong (producing in mainland China of course) were really good kits (like ModelCollect).

I´ll do a review of their SCUD B as soon as other demanding reviews are finished.

Thus don't you think that two previous boxings of Revell 1:72 M109 howitzer are also Toxso tools? Both variants have been announced by Toxso for the 2016 introduction and they never appeared as such. On the other hand their level of detailing far outweighs everything that Revell has accustomed us to for many years. If Revell came into possession of all Toxso 1:72 AFV toolings we should expect the first decent Braille scale injected kit of ZSU-23-4 in 2021 👏

Cheers

Michael 

Horray - GATO class submarine re-issue :) !

Gentlemens, are Revell Beau better as Tamiya, or not ? In CZ is relative expensive.... I built TAMIYA when was brand new and was a shake and bake and click n´ clack build. But Revell is newest - and i hope in 68sqd. marking :)

Hi all,

1/72 combat set of Spitfire and Bf 109 says a Bf 109G-10 and a Spifire Mk V. In the illustration there is an early Bf 109G-6 with low tail, old canopy, early bulges and tall antenna mast. Would it be the old G-10 or a modified kit with a new fuselage and canopy? When the G-10 was released I was looking that it was designed so that other subtypes would be easy to adapt from it.

Sseason greetings!,

AaCee

2 hours ago, Der Lingener said:

Michael

Thanks for the info Michael. I have several of Modelcollect's "paper panzers" (if I may call them that!). Specifically, the E-50/75/100 gun tanks and other variants thereof. They are really excellent kits if, a little expensive in the UK.

If the Toxso kits are of equivalent quality, I will be well pleased! 😊. Definitely up for the SCUD missile kit

Allan

1 hour ago, AaCee26 said:

the old G-10 or a modified kit with a new fuselage and canopy?

Don´t expect too much from these re-issued Combo-kits! Simply throwing two already existing tools together, making new instructions plus decals and -hey presto!- a "new" kit!

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KRK4m said:

don't you think that two previous boxings of Revell 1:72 M109 howitzer are also Toxso tools? 

Frankly spoken: I simply don´t know!
I am a good friend of the M 109s designer and as far as I now, he did this kit "from Zero". But I may ask him about the origins of the M109.

I even wouldn´t have realized the Toxso-origins of the 72nd NEW TOOL kits if I had not bought the SCUD B from HongKong some months ago and when Revell announced exactly this kit with exactly a copy of Toxso´s illustration, I began asking curious questions ... also about the true origins of the PT-76B, The M 109 A6 and the two German vehicles!

5 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Thus don't you think that two previous boxings of Revell 1:72 M109 howitzer are also Toxso tools?

Hi Michael,

I asked my friend:
Toxso and Revell both worked on the M 109 and the Revell tooling has NOTHING to do with the Toxso - my friend designed Revell´s M 109 and Toxso´s has been designed in HongKong.
Revell concentrated on German and NATO versions

Toxso on the US version

Both tools are totally different

Hope that answered your question!

Michael

• Like 3

What am I missing about the comments regarding the Revell 1/48 Tornado’s? It sounds like they are now hard to come by but I’ve seen plenty online for sale. In fact I have one of the recent Luftwaffe versions that I have been reluctant to put on eBay because of the low price I’m likely to get. 

2 minutes ago, Rickoshea52 said:

What am I missing about the comments regarding the Revell 1/48 Tornado’s? It sounds like they are now hard to come by but I’ve seen plenty online for sale. In fact I have one of the recent Luftwaffe versions that I have been reluctant to put on eBay because of the low price I’m likely to get. 

Raf boxing’s with raf specific parts is the missing factor 

Interested in the 1/48 Beau I.f (hope a VI.f can be made OOB) and the 1/32 Tempest V reboxing. 

No whoops of delight, no surprises but at least the Revell bus service is still running.

Tony 

13 hours ago, WV908 said:

Tornado GR.4 re-issue and Duxford's B-29 in 1/48. Yes please! 

Monogram B-29 with PE bits added.  I do wonder who has enough space for that though...