Revell releases for 2020 (after 1st quarter)

The only thing listed as a new tool is a 1:24 E-Type Jag, which is nice but if you were hoping for new tool aircraft or armour prepare to be disappointed.

On the bright side, the Dragon Ju-188 makes a welcome reappearance. That kit has not been available for years.

1 minute ago, SeaVenom said:

Usual disappointing Revell New years list of reissues etc.   The E-Type is really welcome though....but why did it take them so long to do a new tool of this famous, popular car?

TBH Airfix should do an E-Type in 1/12 scale to go alongside the 4 1/2 litre Bentley.

• Like 3

Wonder if the Battle of Britain Box set will have the new Ju-88A-1 kit included? Come to think of it, didn’t the original box have a Heinkel He111  instead? Then There’s the 1/48 Beaufighter 1f, that must be eagerly sort by some perhaps?? 

Cheers.. (a rather flat) Dave 

53 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

TBH Airfix should do an E-Type in 1/12 scale to go alongside the 4 1/2 litre Bentley.

Another thing that should have been done years ago.   And the E Type hasn't been served well in diecast either.   The new Norev 1/12 scale diecast looks nice but for years there was really only the old Burago one.   The Autoart one from a few years back looked odd too (tyres were too small and the stance was too high).

5 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Wonder if the Battle of Britain Box set will have the new Ju-88A-1 kit included? Come to think of it, didn’t the original box have a Heinkel He111  instead? Then There’s the 1/48 Beaufighter 1f, that must be eagerly sort by some perhaps?? 

Cheers.. (a rather flat) Dave 

Yeap they have swapped the He111 to the Ju-88A1 for the BoB box set.

The rest of the selection is rather dull, relying on others to develop new items for them to box

While we all say its not great for us it must be working or Revell. Speaking to them they seem to be doing well and they have a business model which works for them. A lot of the stuff they do like the easy click stuff and the more toy end of their range sells very well. It is also to be encouraged to get younger modellers in. 

While we hard core modellers might buy the more expensive end, for a lot of the range we are not the core market. 

Julien 

• Like 9

I'm afraid Revell have really declined in my opinion certainly since they were sold to the new owners. The old Revell De. were releasing some excellent kits up till then, even all the 'in co-operation with' kits are no cheaper than the original producers, even with no tooling costs for Revell. Great shame.

Hopefully some ‘vanilla’ schemes included with the Tornadoes 🙏🏻

The German ASTA boxing promises new parts.  Maybe a set of HARM missiles going by the picture?  I remember first time test shots where shown at Telford years ago there were HARMs displayed.  An ECR is doable if those are included...

G

11 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

... I'm not at all sure that Revell's owners are truly behind their model kit department.

Let me answer with a translation of my own intro-text:
"What I have written for the news of the 1st quarter is also true for the rest of 2020: After Hobbico´s insolvency and the taking-over by Quantum Capital Partners Revell is right at the moment in a phase of consolidation which shows in their news program: Mainly Re-Intros, Conversions of older kits and the usual co-operation with other manufacturers - but also some NEW TOOL kits.
Let´s hope for some surprise-releases at Nürnberger Spielwarenmesse and for the autumn news!"

Basically spoken, you are all right: The news programm for 2020 is dull and even the new cars (Jaguar, VW Type 2) are either "Easy Click" oder Level 3-kits!
And the new 72nd military items are obviuosly from Toxso and not real new tools!

But they have to make money and feed their employees and in the end their new investor has NOTHING to do with modelling: Quantum is buying and selling enterprises, no matter what they produce! Simply click to the link in my intro to see their business profile!

Wishing you a most wonderful modelling year and looking forward to see some of you at Nürnberg

MIchael

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, guys, but you’re all wrong. Any Revell line up that includes a new tool 1/24 E Type in the line up is the best Revell new release announcement they’ve had in years... what with the 2019 Landy and now an E-type, they’re looking after iconic British vehicles a lot better than Airfix!

best,

M.

• Like 3

You lot really do like a moan :rolleyes: 

I'm keen to see what the "Top Gun" kits offer, what the "3D Puzzle" stuff is, and a new-tool E-Type Jag is always a welcome item. Plus the Mk.1 Golf looks cool for some of us reliving a mis-spent youth :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Sorry, guys, but you’re all wrong. Any Revell line up that includes a new tool 1/24 E Type in the line up is the best Revell new release announcement they’ve had in years... what with the 2019 Landy and now an E-type, they’re looking after iconic British vehicles a lot better than Airfix!

best,

M.

I must say, I'm very excited at this. Hope they get the shapes right.

21 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Any Revell line up that includes a new tool 1/24 E Type in the line up is the best Revell new release announcement they’ve had in years

A little biased - aren´t you? 😁
And you are right concerning the Landrover: A true diamond - speeking of the ease of construction: I managed to finish mine within three days (minus paint!) ready for the Revell press conference!

2 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

Hope they get the shapes right.

We´ll see as soon as the test shots are ready to be shown!

I´ll keep you guys updated on this!

• Like 2