A Thin Year for a FatCawthorne!!

Fatcawthorne

Well not the most prolific of years was 2019.  Life, the universe and everything else it seems did its best to sidetrack me from my "happy place"!

We got a Recce Spit (PR Mk.1G) over the line from 2018 for starters.....

026 025

Followed shortly by Airfix's 1/48 Blenheim....

This build was littered with own goals but now that it's been on the shelf a while I'm far happier with it (and probably with myself too which is the real nub of the story!).....

003 004

Well will wonders ever cease, I mean finishing an entry in a GB - whatever next!!!

I built Revell/Hasegawa's 1/48 Sabre F.4 for the 50's Nato v Warsaw Pact GB using Red Roo's slatted wings......

033 031 038

We had a bit of a false start in the Phantom STGB, another build littered by yet more own goals, so we'll try and get that one into the 2021 edition!

A mojo restorer from that and for me a bit of a Blitzbuild due to a pressing deadline was my Iron Maiden 1/32 Spitfire.

DSC_0107 DSC_0108 DSC_0115

And then it went off to a good home.....

IMG_2785

Now with 10 or so days left of December to go, I picked up a casualty from the SoD and finally limped her over the line today......

DSC_0140 DSC_0141

DSC_0143

Well, I'm off to catch the last half hour of 2019 with Jools and his Hootenanny, so all the best for a new decade to you good folks out there.

Happy New Year, Chris

• Like 11

20 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

Fantastic builds Chris, and how good is that photo of you handing the spitfire over

All the best for the New Year

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, yeah it was a bit special.  I'm not a very star-struck person but this was a good meet-up.

3 hours ago, gazza l said:

All very nice but I particularly like the Defiant.

gazza l

Thanks Gazza. Just got to find some space to display it once the Chrimbo tree gets relagated to the loft! 

• Like 1