Le 1/4 Duck

Spad

Hello all - season's greetings.

Bit late but just in under the wire for 2019.

I would like to show you my bit of silliness built for the Car and Motorcycle SIG display at Telford this year.
Our theme was 2CV based with the idea being 2CV s in unusual colour schemes - most of us ended up doing a bit of  a kitbash and mine was inspired by a German funny car.

Heller kit with engine and rear wheels taken from a Monogram Corvette kit. The body is mildly modded with forest arches on the rear to accomodate those wheels and a parachute pack from the Corvette kit.

Scratchbuilt fuel tank and headers with Alclad II chrome, body support frame with kit chassis rails and front wheels

Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed creating it.

C+C welcome!

49305612348_48a5e616c2_k.jpgIMG_4893 by Rick Smith, on Flickr

49305608698_c52b794f0f_k.jpgIMG_4902 by Rick Smith, on Flickr

49306099131_b615df7a92_k.jpgIMG_4905 by Rick Smith, on Flickr

49306095221_c22ea5bfbe_k.jpgIMG_4908 by Rick Smith, on Flickr

Happy new year all - thanks for looking

ATB
Rick

Edited by Spad
Adjusted details
  • Like 11

Nice one, Rick! Like it. I'm fortunate enough to have one in 1:1 scale (as well as the "I'll-build-it-one-day" Revell kit), but it certainly doesn't look like that under the bodywork! Do you happen to have any pics of the SIG 2CV display?

Jon

Edited by Jonners
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonners said:

Nice one, Rick! Lime it. I'm fortunate enough to have one in 1:1 scale (as well as the "I'll-build-it-one-day" Revell kit), but it certainly doesn't look like that under the bodywork! Do you happen to have any pics of the SIG 2CV display?

Jon

Hi Jonners - pleased you like it!

The inspiration was an actual car in Germany called Wildente (Wild Duck). 

https://auta5p.eu/lang/en/katalog/auto.php?idf=Citroen-2-CV-Wildente-Dragster-23939

I have a number of individual model shots but here's a general view of most of the display (we got Bronze in the Best SIG Display judging so well pleased we were!)

49311308791_1658a21371_h.jpgIMG_20191109_090141 by Rick Smith, on Flickr

• Like 2

Thanks guys for the kind comments - it was a load of fun to do. It was created rather than built and a great diversion from my usual fare of scrupulously observed detail of aircraft and race cars.

On 1/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, MR2Don said:

Brilliant...but can it still carry a basket of eggs to market without breaking any!😉

Very much doubt it Don! Mind you, it wouldn't have long in which to break them anyway! 🤣

The SIG amazed me with how they took to this "theme" - if anybody wants to see any of the amazing creativity that went into most of the builds I will be happy to post or supply other pics. Those guys are geniuses!

ATB
Rick