1/18 Alpha Models Lamborghini Huracan Spyder

Phew! Well I just sneaked in under the radar with this build, plan was to complete and post the pictures before the stroke of midnight in the UK. Anyway here are the final reveal pictures; I have included a few pictures of the Trophy that was given to my Nephew at the Event in LA. I built the kit as a memento of the occasion for him.

I painted the body in AK primer grey, followed by a white basecoat, then about 8 coats of Zero paints Arancio Boreallis pearl, however I found the colour to be too light and had a gold tint to it. So I over coated it with Tamiya LP-53 clear orange, then a few coats of 2k clear. This gave me the orange pearl colour I was after. I painted the seats, door cards and top of the dash with Zero paints charcoal textured paint, then picked out the stitching details with Flory models rust weathering wash, then sealed it over with Zero paints Matt clear coat lacquer. Finally I used black garment elastic cut in half length ways to make the seat belts and I made the floor mats from 2 layers of masking tape. I hope you all enjoy the pictures and Happy New Year! Now's where that drink?

G4W5Zr5.jpg
rJ0YLWQ.jpg
1VTXIg5.jpg
roGQVBH.jpg
hhovfmz.jpg
Tg0rPgl.jpg
g0T2Yd0.jpg
46QcYPZ.jpg
meuBXUi.jpg
IM3buvc.jpg
gLPp8uM.jpg
eM1rpqn.jpg
ATNpwb8.jpg

• Like 10

That looks like a really nice build, I don't blame you for putting it on the bespoke display stand as it deserves it.

Not in any way related to your work on the model, but personally I've never really 'got' the Liberty Walk ethos - it just seems odd to me to take a supercar then add a load of dodgy spoilers as you would to a Saxo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spiny said:

That looks like a really nice build, I don't blame you for putting it on the bespoke display stand as it deserves it.

Not in any way related to your work on the model, but personally I've never really 'got' the Liberty Walk ethos - it just seems odd to me to take a supercar then add a load of dodgy spoilers as you would to a Saxo.

I have to agree,i am not a fan of all the airofoil bling that is tacked on to a road car.

I really just wanted to see if i could replicate the forged carbon effect in paint rather than rely on shop bought decals,that really did'nt float my boat so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

This looks amazing, and the colour is ace.  I don't generally like convertables in real life, but in model form you get to see the amazing interior detail.  Nice work fella.

Thanks,yes i kind of made a lot more work for myself with the convertible.