Wrinkled decals.

Markh-75

On a less expensive model the decals can leave alot to be desired, in quality and application. They can tear so easily, or even come apart in the water! (try to build up a back-up of decals to use in such emergencies). Sometimes when one comes off the backing and onto the model it can wrinkle up and appear wasted but if you are careful you can lift it off with a paintbrush or even tweezers and just put it back in the water dish; it WILL spread itself back out! I then use the tweezers to pick up a backing paper from under the water and get the decal onto it. make sure the decalcote has been applied on the area before you try to transfer it again!

II also use Decalcote/Decalfix to clean the area before i put any on a model; i paint it on as normal and use a strip of kitchen roll to wipe it back off with; leave it for a minute and paint it back on, works great! Its a good idea to clean the area that decals go on; for example, i suffer with eczema and have to use a few different ointments on my skin, i always wash my hands after using them but there are bound to be very small areas that aren't even visible to the naked eye unless they are highly with a liquid solution! The Decalcote is great for cleaning the area off first! You just dont know what might be on your fingers.