Barside’s Builds

bar side

Time for the end of year round up - always surprising and some I had forgotten finished this year.  For example the Harrier GR.5 I was sure I finished in 2018, but I actually finished it at the start of this year.  Thanks for all of the help, support & advice.

Happy New Year to all!

Monogram AV-8B converted to Harrier GR.5

rWHkqIe.jpg

Revell / ESCI Viggen
eFoAnP8.jpg

ESCI A-7E built as A-7D ‘Scrappy’

bykvqMZ.jpg

Revell FGR2

qjKLnm2.jpg

PM Models MBB / Siat Flamingo

XTu3bkM.jpg

Academy F-16

yvXrOig.jpg

Contrails TSR2

iffExmS.jpg

Italeri TSR-2

XHUzV4c.jpg

Zhengdefu EF-111

dcjYV5f.jpg

• Like 9

Absolutely superb work! Love everything else going on around the aircraft & what you've done for the concrete base looks good. Just wondered what material you used for the runway surface? Is the starter next to the F-16 scratch built? I must try something like that.

Martin

• Like 1

Cheers Martin.  The runway surface is just the smooth side of the thin mdf sheet from the back of an old book shelf.  Painted with a mix of white emulsion and back poster paint not mixed very well so the colour is uneven.  Then a quick rattle can spray if black & white.  Grid squares are pencil lines and then painted on yellow lines.  All cheap stuff.  The US GPU is from the Hasegawa ground crew set with an added die cast van for a Follow Me truck.  The lighting unit is scratch though, as is the RAF Houchin.

17 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Excellent builds and the way you have displayed them, brings them to life.

Like to think the display detracts from looking to closely at the builds!  I like to try to make them look fairly real by taking the pictures outside in natural light and adding as much clutter as possible.

• Like 1