Fw-190F-8, Eduard 1ed, 1/48

Hi comrades!

Here my recently finished Luftwaffe's shturmovik, built from profipack box with small additions from scratch

This kit is IMHO bad! I hope, the 2ed of Fw-190 by Eduard is better

Only light weathering is added - I believe, because of new weapons, logistics problems (mainly fuel shortage) it's makes only seldom flights

IMG-7986.jpg
IMG-7992.jpg
IMG-7993.jpg
IMG-7999.jpg
IMG-8000.jpg
IMG-8003.jpg
IMG-8005.jpg
IMG-8008.jpg
IMG-8010.jpg
IMG-8012.jpg
IMG-8018.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by cema_ga
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, billn53 said:

Very nice butcherbird! I’m impressed with your painting. Do you do anything special to separate the colors in the camo pattern?

- Bill

Thank You!

I used blu-tack "sausages" and paper masks

• Thanks 1

Great looking Würger!

A note on photography: Don't trust automatic white balance! For accurate colours in artificial light, put a white A4 paper where the model is going to be placed and select the manual white balance feature. Aim the camera so that the white paper fills the frame (or the white balance window), activate the balance and hey, presto! – your photos won't suffer from that heavy orange colour cast.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mick said:

great work

Thank You!

1 hour ago, Spitfire31 said:

Great looking Würger!

A note on photography: Don't trust automatic white balance! For accurate colours in artificial light, put a white A4 paper where the model is going to be placed and select the manual white balance feature. Aim the camera so that the white paper fills the frame (or the white balance window), activate the balance and hey, presto! – your photos won't suffer from that heavy orange colour cast.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank You, Joachim!

I totally lost the battle with photography...Every time I try to improve something  - the results are disasters.😰

Nevertheless, I will never surrender and try to implement Your recommendations! 

• Like 1

Really nice work.

As for the photos, I've never seen auto WB off that far, did you have it set?

Anyway if you camera can shoot Raw that's the way to go as you can select the WB after the photo is taken. I did a quick correction which still has a red tint to it as it's not easy to remove from a JPEG.

49303856316_d31ae54e6d_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, andyh59 said:

Great rendition of this aircraft, Eduard's first tool 190s not an easy build. Well done.

Thank You!

This build was pain...30 years old DML/Trimaster kit was better. I hope the second edition will be improved significally