Double Deckers - over 40, but life is just beginning!

Heather Kay

6 minutes ago, CliffB said:

we could look at having separate Galleries etc.  

I’m not sure that would be necessary. I was thinking more along perhaps having a separate chat thread to cover the techniques and so on. That would leave the usual build threads and gallery. 

Plenty of time to thrash ideas out, anyway. :like:

afair when I joined BM there were 'buddy builds'

Not enough modellers for either a GB or STB could just have a 'chat' thread in the appropriate section for their genre

I joined one for building a motorcycle. There were just four or five of us. It was like a joined work-in-progress thread in Motorcycles/Cars section

Perhaps the same for DDs ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 10:39 AM, Heather Kay said:

I was thinking more along perhaps having a separate chat thread to cover the techniques and so on. That would leave the usual build threads and gallery. 

Plenty of time to thrash ideas out, anyway. :like:

Seems to work quite well in the Heller GB, what with the kit & build list threads..:hmmm:👍🏼

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly wouldn't object to a permanent biplane building subforum. I think they're just swell, and not not nearly as hard as people think, at least not for the reasons people think.

Rigging is easy!

Aligning struts is NOT.

Painting CDL is NOT.

Installing control horns is NOT

And the hardest thing of all? Working with Roden decals. And if you're going to build biplanes, sooner or later you'll be dealing with Roden decals.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 6:01 AM, SoftScience said:

I certainly wouldn't object to a permanent biplane building subforum. I think they're just swell, and not not nearly as hard as people think, at least not for the reasons people think.

Rigging is easy!

Aligning struts is NOT.

Painting CDL is NOT.

Installing control horns is NOT

And the hardest thing of all? Working with Roden decals. And if you're going to build biplanes, sooner or later you'll be dealing with Roden decals.

I concur. Though Vallejo Aged White works fine as CDL, with added hues of yellow if one feels is in that mood.