Double Deckers - over 40, but life is just beginning!

Heather Kay

On 12/30/2019 at 12:23 PM, Heather Kay said:

:talktothehand: STOP!

If you’re looking for buses, I’m afraid this is the wrong thread for you. If you like multi-winged flying things, read on.

I confess that when I saw the thread title I thought of London buses followed closely by 747s and Stratoliners, etc.  Maybe certain rolling stock, too.  Oddly enough ships didn't suggest themselves until now, probably because that's too obvious.

Anyway, heck yeah, you can put me on the rolls.  Even if you restricted me to 1940 I'd be fine, because then I could do the Norwegian Gladiator (the plane, not the Roman fighter!)

A St David's day bump. First day of spring bump. Sunday bump.

There must be three more Britmodellers who have the desire to overcome their sesquitricumbideckerphobia! Come along, sign up and look forward to joining in the fun, potentially in 2021!

Bumpety-bump! Roll up, roll up! Spads! Bristols! De Havillands! Boeings! As long as it has more than one pair of wings, and is liberally sprinkled with some bracing wires and struts, it’s all grist to the mill!

Come on, folks! There must be a few more of us a bit scared of building biplanes. Just a handful of names is all we need so we can get a chance in the bun fight rounds.

Hello Heather, count me in please!

I have loads of biplanes in my stash, but I think I may do a vacform one and rig it just to clear one out.  I can choose from:

• Aeroclub Felixstowe F2A;
  • Esoteric Fairey IIID; Boulton Paul Overstrand;
  • Joystick Avro Bison;

• Libramodels Bristol Scout D;

I am not afraid of a challenge:

Burgess Dunne floatplane 001

That loaded differently from flickr, never seen it load like that before! It is a 1/72 Scaleplanes Burgess-Dunne floatplane.

I hope this gets through,

All the best, Ray

Edited by Ray S
corrected spelling
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hiya Heather,

I missed this thread earlier, but count me in. I’ve no idea what I’ll build, or even scratchbuild, but I’ll probably choose something unusual and give it a go - I’m sure the GB will be accepted.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:34 PM, Ray S said:

It is a 1/72 Scaleplanes Burgess-Dunne floatplane.

Nice one, Ray!

Jon

Edited by Jonners
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I think I should at least try to build at least 1 multi winged torture kit. Rigging not so sure Mr shaky hands, hammered sausage fingers will be up for that but we will see. 

Gruffers