Azur 1/48 Latecoere 298

Hi all.

Today I'd like to show another recently finished model. This time it's the Azur 1/48 Latecoere 298 floatplane. The trolley is a resin kit made by Sinifer.

The fit of the kit if quite good but the struts are a flimsy. I had to put brass pins on the ends of them to to make a solid construction..

I used Gunze Aqueous paints over Alclad black primer. Weathering was done with Abteilung oil paint and pastel powders.

On the trolley I used real wooden strips instead of painting the molded planks.

Thank you for watching.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

5c7pQu3.jpg

Edited by HartDeco
  • Like 48
  • Thanks 2

Hi Hart Deco,

this is a superb model of a very sexy floatplane! Congrats for a splendid model.

I have the 1/72 Azur kit, which was one of their very first, and the but-joining of the wings and pretty much everything else has always put me off. But one day I will have to bite the bullet, as it is such a beautiful plane.

Great show!

JR

• Like 1

Very nice indeed,...... I built one as a Malta based aircraft wearing RAF markings but it fell foul of a fall,....... yours looks great in the original French scheme.

Cheers

Tony 

• Thanks 1

What a wonderful job you have done bringing this aircraft to life!  Beautifully painted and weathered.  I have experimented with pinning struts on  WWI kit and have to say it helps once you get the hang of it, I do however break a lot of those tiny drill bits in the process.

• Thanks 1