1/48 Canberra

12 minutes ago, noelh said:

New to the  forum but  not excellent  modelling I  see. Also  with  your Tornado  and Lightning.

Thanks! Not sure if that’s criticism or not 🤣. Still learning all the tricks of the trade. But getting there slowly!

Edited by Wayne87

Welcome.

Your Canberra looks great !.. It's the same scheme as the one at the main gate at RAAF Base Amberley (at least when I was there in 2012).  I'd forgotten how cool it looked. Did the decals come with the kit ?

Looking forward to seeing more of the Tornado and Lightning also.

:thumbsup:

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kiwitrogg said:

Welcome.

Your Canberra looks great !.. It's the same scheme as the one at the main gate at RAAF Base Amberley (at least when I was there in 2012).  I'd forgotten how cool it looked. Did the decals come with the kit ?

Looking forward to seeing more of the Tornado and Lightning also.

:thumbsup:

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks for your comments. Yeah it is the Airfix kit. Wasn’t a bad build for an airfix one. The decals do come with it. Thought they looked better than the RAF camo

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Beautiful Canberra and your choice of schemes.  Love the natural metal finish and the gloss white, both finishes I struggle with.  

It was my first attempt with the metal finish Vallejo. Very nearly went in the bin after the first coat. The black gloss primer just wasn’t sticking to the model very well, so every bit of masking was taking the paint with it! But sanded it all down and reprimered.

She's gorgeous. 

22 hours ago, Wayne87 said:

Thanks! Not sure if that’s criticism or not 🤣. Still learning all the tricks of the trade. But getting there slowly!

I think it was supposed to say 'but not *to* excellent modelling' :like:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

She's gorgeous. 

I think it was supposed to say 'but not *to* excellent modelling' :like:

🤣 I was hoping that. Either that or it was a savage introduction to the forum haha!

3 minutes ago, Tiger331 said:

A great Canberra in a brilliant scheme.........not sure I have seen that one before but I am very tempted !

Was quite a nice build. One of airfix’s better ones.

A great looking Canberra, however ou might want to re-size those pics at 4032 x 3204 they are much bigger than we recommend and take a while to load even on a fast connection.

Julien

• Like 1