Dazzio

Evening All,

After Clarification from @Enzo Matrix and @BIG X, I have decided to enter with the only modelling related things that where given to me for Christmas.  My Sister asked me what I wanted and I just said to her that anything from Airfix would be fine.  Now this is where the direction for the presents go off in a different tagent to what I was thinking.  I know that my mum and sister both shop at Aldi and I have told them on repeated ocassions that I do not mind reciving the same kit 2 or even 10 times as I can do them in different markings or modify them... you get the jist.  So I was thinking that she (my sister) would walk into Aldi and get me an FW-190 or a 109 or another Spitfire... oh no not my sister!  She went into M&S instead and saw the Airfix QuickBuilds on their shelves.  I can't fault her though as she knows I love Lego.  Yes, at the grand old age of 36 years old, I am still making Lego models - they are pretty cool eh?! They should take me too long to make.  Right the kits I where given are below.

49282846131_429999bfe9_b.jpg

So we have the classic VW Camper, McLaren P1 and the "D-Day" Spitfire.  You can't really see it on the watch but it says 19:12pm.  The head is something my girlfriend is working on - that is made out of icing sugar and all of it is edable apart from the base/support.  She's amazingly skilled and I am not jealous in the least bit... (yeah right!).

49283052342_8029a4e9e9_b.jpg

You even get Airfix Flying Hours with these kits!  I guess that is kinda cool - just need Airfix club to start up again.

49282846066_be021c068d_b.jpg

The parts laid out.  I have to be honest, I had this built in 10 minutes flat and it looks pretty good.  However my phone died so I can not show any further progress with it.  So for the sake of me being a stupid git, I will not put this one in the gallery.  But below is a picture of it finished.

49295139341_f954d74bde_b.jpg

Ooppss... missing the wing mirrors... oh dear.  No pictures of my dinner or what I ate making this as it would've taken me more time to eat that than to actually make this kit.  Music however, I have been listening to alot of Within Temptation, Amaranthe and Exit Eden recently - I have a weird and diverse taste in music.  Exit Eden below...

Next onto the VW Camper.  I don't think I will enter any of these into the gallery - too lazy you see. lol

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Edited by Dazzio
Tagging post...
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dazzio said:

Yes, at the grand old age of 36 years old, I am still making Lego models

I don't think I will enter any of these into the gallery - too lazy you see. lol

And exactly what is wrong with making Lego models???  :) 

It's your choice about putting them in the gallery.  They would be most welcome. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

It's your choice about putting them in the gallery.  They would be most welcome. 

Haha!  Absolutely nothing Enzo - I encourage it, I even recieved the Mars Shuttle this year.  That was cool!  I still have the big BB-8 to make yet to go on the shelf with R2-D2. 

So onto the VW Camper.

49295203456_36b03aae63_b.jpg

You can see the TSR-2MS that I am still fighting, that kit is an absolute pig.  Anyhow...

49295399012_f858e67e56_b.jpg

So starting the kit now (21:33GMT).  I have got to hold my watch as it is front heavy - funny that.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Evening All,

The VW Camper is done!... shocking eh?

49295566182_6b86617674_b.jpg

Chassis and sides.

49295565992_92e189350c_b.jpg

Rear and sides attached.  The engine has it's own little bay which is pretty cool.

49295565997_29d5f60806_b.jpg

Front... that steering wheel is better than anything I could ever do! lol.

49295566002_c7f24c137e_b.jpg

Complete.  I have to give Airfix credit, these "little" kits are actually really good.  Good way to get the kids into this hobby.  I might even put these on my shelf.  Well until a time I actually finish my Revell VW Camper.  Next onto the Spitfire.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

Time for the Spitfire...

49295653037_38b11b5919_b.jpg

Lovely artwork on the box.  I'm now taking the age recommendation as a legal requirement, they have to put it on there.

49295460516_b8bc8fb90c_b.jpg

The parts and stickers, yes actual stickers! Woohoo!

49295556121_4b32619a97_b.jpg

The rear end of the Spitfire and the little known red brick of... Spitfireness?!... How many of us have missed that vital piece when building our Spitfires?! lol.

49295065478_2b2d210747_b.jpg

Main wings and the "red brick of Spitfireness" in it's proper location.

49295065248_5c81350289_b.jpg

Spitfire built now onto the stickers!  Woohoo!

49295065238_9f55e58518_b.jpg

Look at those lovely stickers!  That was the hardest part of the build actually.

49295555726_cdcb20ec2a_b.jpg

The line up with a 1/72 Airfix Harrier GR-3 that needs to be completed and dusted looking it.

That is me finished for this Quickbuild.  All in all, these kits aren't that bad and are pretty cool for any kids whom might be showing an interest in our hobby.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

That camper van looks cool - a touch of weathering would set it off for me.

Might have to take the plunge and try one out...

7 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm with you there.  Just wondering what it would look like painted as the Mystery Machine!  :D 

The bad thing is that I was wondering the same thing myself tbh.  It would need to be glued down and maybe smoothed over but for the most part the bits fit really well and it seems strong enough.  I have seen these kits in Aldi for a fiver (I think...).  There is a Beetle you *could* do up as Herbie if you wanted too.  @Enzo Matrix that thought has also crossed my mind as well, but I thought the Mystery Machine was the angular VW Camper?  Either way it would look cool.  There is actually a "Mystery Machine" near me but I have forgotten what car/van it actually is.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I love Lego.

16 minutes ago, Dazzio said:

Time for the Spitfire...

Cool Spitfire. Those must be the easiest invasion stripes ever applied!

Great studd Dazzio!

57 minutes ago, Dazzio said:

red brick of... Spitfireness!

It's actually made from a very rare element known as Mitchellium.   The only known source of Mitchellium came from a meteorite that crashed millennia ago into a crater which is now known as Eastleigh.

Eat your hearts out, Wakanda!  :D 

• Haha 1